Saturday, January 30, 2010

Paper Maniac Blog Hop

BlogHop_introWelcome to Christine’s blog on your way through the Magical Mystery Blog Hop from Paper Maniac. If you came here from Dana Grothaus’ blog, your headed the right direction. If you didn’t and want to take the hoppity hop hop, you can begin at the Paper Maniac Store blog!

lucy in the sky

When I thought of about something I could make based on a Beatles song, I immediately thought of this cute paper from Sassafras Lass’s Sunshine Lollipop that I got at Paper Maniac. If you scroll down for several posts, you’ll know how much I love this paper! And it’s on sale right now for just $1.69 for 24 sheets of double sided 6x6 paper! The felties are from the same Sassafras Lass line.

Have you guest what my song is yet?

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

Picture yourself in a boat on a river,
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies
Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly,
A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.

Cellophane flowers of yellow and green,
Towering over your head.
Look for the girl with the sun in her eyes,
And she's gone.

Lucy in the sky with diamonds,

Follow her down to a bridge by a fountain
Where rocking horse people eat marshmallow pies,
Everyone smiles as you drift past the flowers,
That grow so incredibly high.

Newspaper taxis appear on the shore,
Waiting to take you away.
Climb in the back with your head in the clouds,
And you're gone.

Lucy in the sky with diamonds,

Picture yourself on a train in a station,
With plasticine porters with looking glass ties,
Suddenly someone is there at the turnstile,
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.

Lucy in the sky with diamonds

Now, before I send you on to the next stop, let me show you what you can win and how to enter.

BlogCandyDon’t you just love Cosmo Cricket paper. It’s one of my favorite lines! You could win all three of these newly released mini decks, the Flourishes clouds background stamp and a pack of American Craft pearl brads. All you have to do is leave a comment on each of the blogs along the way. Easy isn’t it?

Those who are new to Paper Maniac have an extra chance of winning. (Paper Maniac is the store where I get my Copics through the Copic Coloring Club.) All you have to do is register January 30-31 to be entered into another random drawing for a $20.00 gift certificate. How great is that?

Now, head over to Rona Mallard’s blog to continue on your way. Don’t forget to leave a comment!!!

Blessings,

Christine

Other Details:
Image-The Greeting Farm
Medium-watercolor paint
Border Punch-Martha Stewart

43 comments:

JazzyH said...

I love the paper. Great card!

Lilacanglia said...

Wonderful happy Card,
Hugs
Angie

StampinCathy said...

This is awesome. Love the color combo and all the details you used on this bright and cheery card.

Rachel said...

I love it! That is some of my favorite paper, so cheery!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

What a fabulous card, Christine! LOVE it! :)

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cute card!!!

Chrissy D said...

ADORABLE! Love the edge and details, Christine! TFS!

Georgia said...

Great card! Love the colors!!

CarlaKH said...

Gorgeous card and love your furbabies too!

Katy said...

So cute! I am loving those easel type cards!

Anonymous said...

what a fun card. love it.

lisa a.

jennifer mitten said...

hat an adorable card - the colors are so lively!

JenE said...

Great Beatles song! and wow, what a wonderful card!! I just love it! Great paper!
jen, blossom93@yahoo.com

Rona said...

Love that paper!! super cute card

akagreenhouse said...

Love the color combo! Cute card!

Ceal said...

super cute and fun card TFS

Jan said...

Fabulous card!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Oh--this is cute! Love how you were inspired! Hope you are doing well--praying for your fam!

Erika M. said...

Very fun card - loving all the details!

Patti said...

I thought of that same paper, but I sure like what YOU did with it a lot better than mine. Great card. THanks for playing along, Christine. Love your Chloe and Tuxie too!

Crafty In Carolina Stamper said...

Love everything about this card!! The paper is fabulous and I always love TGF images, that felt rainbow is just too cute!!

Alica said...

great card - perfect coloring and I love the papers!

Monika in VA said...

That is wonderful paper you paired with Charlotte! She is so Sassy!

Unknown said...

Awesome card...

Janie boots
boots3103@hotmail.com

Carol said...

Cute as can be!

Cheryl said...

Very lovely and creative! Great take on the song. I am going to check out the DP after the hop!

Dell said...

This is gorgeous! Great choice of design for this song.

Anonymous said...

Very cute card. I just love the felties.

farmhouse-story said...

love your papers and colors!

Christine said...

I don't know if I have to leave a comment on my own blog or not, but here goes!!!

Blessings,
Christine

Randi said...

Super cute!! Not only did we use the same song, but we used TGF girls!! Love your rainbow!! Great DP and embellies!!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

This is just to cute love it!!!

paperpapier said...

love the aqua and pink combo. the embellies and layout made your card pop.

KymKreates said...

great card and love that song! great inspiration from your song!

Unknown said...

You're card is FABULOUS! I love all the bright colors. Great job on the challenge!

Angie Cortes said...

SUPER Cute!! So bright and cheery!! I love the DP and all the embellies! TFS

Laura said...

The bright colors are very pretty and I like the rainbow!

scrap_in_time said...

Nice blog. I'm now following along to see what other great projects you design.
Tina

Michelle said...

How bright colorful and happy!
Hugs,
Michelle

Gwen said...

CUUUUUUUUUUUTE card! Great for that song!

Corina said...

Super Cute!

Thanks for the opportunity!

www.scrapbookingInk.com

Charlene said...

Very adorable!!

Linda said...

Adorable card! I love that paper too. In fact, i have 3 pads of it. LOL!