Sunday, January 17, 2010

Quilted Thank You

quilted thank you_optEverything seen on this card is from Papertrey Ink (my new obsession). That makes things easier, doesn’t it? I’ve purchased a few of Papertrey Ink’s sets but I’ve been looking at them totally intimidated. You won’t believe the talent of the ladies on their blog!!!

I stamped the bonnet girl and boy and the other square with the Papertrey’s new hybrid ink. I love this ink. I was hoping that this ink would work with watercolors and it does; beautifully!!! I had to heat set it first but then it didn’t run a bit! I just did light washes in colors to match the DP. Just perfect!

I made this card for Kim Kesti’s Dilema Challenge. She loves quilting as well as card making. She recently made a card with the same colors and patterns as a qulit block that she made. Her challenge was to either make a card that includes your favorite hobbies or to make a card based on her inspiration piece.

6a00d83451bd9b69e2012876d9ec93970c-800wi Isn’t that the cutest card. She is soooo talented. Can you imagine this as a quilt! It would be so cute in a little boys room!!!

I’m here in Utah for the duration. My bil is doing better but they still don’t know what all is going on and he is still in intesive care. I’ll probably be staying here until he comes home. The hospital is about a 45 minute drive so it’s a big help for Rose to have me here to take care of her dog. Then she can stay at the hospital all day or stay at her daughter’s house if she needs to be there early in the morning!

I’ve got a lot of things I’m working on right now. Of course, I have my DT projects – Just Buggin’ and Flutter By Wednesday – and I was asked to be guest designer for a challenge (more about that later this week). Plus, I’m really trying hard to get time to work on a project that is just for me!!! But of course, it will fit into a few challenges! What else would you expect!!!

Blessings,

Christine

Challenges:
Lili of the Valley -- Thank you card

6 comments:

Larisa said...

It is nice to quilt with papers. Very good idea ))) I shall try to make the same card once if you have nothing against this...))

Nicola said...

Beautiful card Christine and a perfect take on the quilting. Hope your BIL improves soon.
Thank you for joining us at Lily of the Valley.
Hugs,
Nicola xx

Kim. said...

This is beautiful Christine, it looks simple but very elegant and those colours are gorgeous.
Kim xXx

Keith and Kim Kesti said...

Such a gorgeous card, Christine! You rank right up there with those Papertrey girls - honestly! Love this. Thanks for playing along.
Kim Kesti

Cassie said...

hey girl! loved the pics you shared from utah - that temple was just gorgeous!
looooove the first card! it might be my most favorite thing you've ever made!!

Lucy Edmondson said...

Your card is exquisite, Christine. Beautiful soft colours,

Lucy