I really should plan a little better when making a card. First of all, I didn’t choose the DP before I started coloring. Then, when I first saw this I envisioned it cut out with my 1-3/4 punch so I printed it as such. After I got done coloring, matting and choosing paper, I had no idea how to put together a card using this cute image! She is one of the new Squigglefly digi stamps to be released on Saturday!
So, here’s the story…and I’m sticking to it! I normally keep track of the challenges each day so when I make a card, I know if it will fit into any of the challenge themes. Plus, I normally use a current sketch for my card so that my layout varies from card to card. If I didn’t do that, I would use my favorite two or three layouts all the time and consequently, I’d get very bored with my own style (not to mention boring my lovely readers).
After I gathered the papers and the colored and matted image, I looked through this weeks sketches and found the perfect sketch at Card Patterns! Yay!!!
I cut the tag and added hearts with the George Cricut cartridge and tied some American Crafts ribbon to it. I used a piece of dark pink CS for my card and embossed a piece of white CS with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots. The DP is Sassafras Lass (I’ve used this stack a lot lately) and I added some pearl hearts from my stash.
Don’t forget about the Digi Day PJ Party at SNR Card Universe on Saturday at 7:00pm.
My bil is doing a little better. They figured out what was going on and got the bleeding stopped so that’s good. It’s all too technical for me to try to explain here. He will be in the hospital for a while longer though.
I have a bunch more images for you that will be included in the new Squigglefly release so gotta go!
Blessings,
Christine
Challenges:
Digital Tuesday -- Embossing
Charisma Cardz -- Anything new (new Squigglefly image)
14 comments:
Cute!
oh this turned out really sweet Christine! I love having a tag on a card like that!
Super Cute, Love that bow and the embossing. Hugs!
Oh she is adorable!!
Fabulous - love that little image!
This is super cute! Love the colors an the textures! :)
Very pretty!! The texture combined with the tag is really nice.
Gorgeous work Christine
hugs
Anne x
This is adorable Christine! Sometimes my favorite cards are the ones I don't plan out. It's more fun that way!
Oh boy this is just so cute love that image and the embossing thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at Digital Tuesday
Hugs
Lorraine x
Stunning!
Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week - good luck!
Hugs
Leanne
xx
Beautiful! Fab colours and paper and layout!
Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz
love tasha xx
Christine,
Your card is so adorable! I hope you BIL is feeling the strength of all the prayers everyone is sending his way... I hope all is well with you too, my friend...
{hugs}
Georgia
Awe this is adorable Christine, love your tag and papers.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-
Post a Comment