Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Mind’s Journal

I have big plans for my new year, how ‘bout you?   And my new journal is a big start to that!

10-12-28 journal

For my Paper Maniac Inspirations blog project this week, I used paper from the Meadowlark collection from My Minds Eye.  I used the actual packaging for the stripes at the bottom of the page.  I also used some of the items on the accessory sheet to embellish and I added a journaling card that says yesterday, today, tomorrow.  Seems appropriate for a journal cover.  I wanted to keep things fairly flat since I’ll be carrying this around a lot.  On that note, I adhered everything with Mod Podge and added a coat of Podge over the top to make it sturdy to carry around.

The wooden letters are from a package I got at Wal-Mart that I painted pink and then stained with watercolor paints.  I added a vintage button to each side and wrapped with some elastic so I can toss it in my purse so it’s ready for any thought or note I’d like to jot down when I’m out and about!

My Mind’s Eye -12x12 Paper Kit - Dusk

I thought I’d show a picture so you could see how I used the packaging.  How’s that for being green!!!  A lot of collections have these example sheets so don’t throw that away.  Think of it as a little bonus!  Perfect for cards!!!

Storage Hint:  When I buy a collection of 12x12 papers, as soon as I take them out of the packaging, I put them into extra large 2 gallon zipper top bags.  They are the perfect size for 12x12 papers.  In my area, they are difficult to find but just keep on the lookout.  The packages that I get aren’t the name brand but Presto brand.  The only store I find them at here is Bi-Mart in a small town about 30 miles from here.  My sister and I take a day trip because the town has some great thrift and antique stores as well!!!

See you next year!!!

Blessings,

Christine

8 comments:

Rose said...

Wonderful!! What a good way to make a new beginning. I especially like the Yesterday, Tomorrow, Today feature. I may borrow the idea on one of my books.

coldwaters2 said...

This is one fabulous project Christine what a brilliant idea I do love those letters and the use of the packaging is a fabby idea a great Journal that any crafter would be proud to carry around with them.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Jan Hennings said...

Great use of packaging and I love the journal! The wooden letters really pop out and look great!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

so pretty cards.
i noticed you like LOTV stamps???
come check out my blog candy i have 2 stamps to give away
Happy New year
hugs
claudia

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cool!!!

Miranda said...

That is really nice. I just watched Briget jones, and was thinking that would be a great idea to start a journal in the new year.

Laurie said...

It's a pretty journal, Christine! I can't be without something to take notes in, too!

Kim. said...

This is a lovely journal and you have decorated it beautifully.
Happy New Year, here's hoping it will be a healthy one for both of us!!
Kim xXx