Sunday, December 5, 2010

Tim Tag 2

As promised, here’s tag 2 of Tim Holtz 12 tags of Christmas.

tag 2

I didn’t have the stamps or embellishments that Tim used on his tag so I had to go with what I had in my stash.  The pine cones are a Crafty Secrets stamp, the background text is Inkadinkado (I think) and the pine bows and flourishes are Tim Holtz stamps.  Tim did a great technique using reinkers for his pine cones/boughs but I only have two reinkers so I had to stamp and emboss separately but it all worked out great anyway!

I’m scheduling this to post at noon on Monday.  (I saved the draft but didn’t schedule it—oops!)  I’ll come back and add challenges later.  I want to go to the store as soon as I get up to get the things I need to finish my ornaments.  We’re supposed to have rain/snow tomorrow but on Tuesday the weather supposed to be good so I’m going to head out to my shed to get the things to decorate for Christmas. 

I’m only going to decorate my studio this year.  That’s where I spend most of my time anyway and it just takes so much energy that I don’t have to decorate the whole house.  Not to mention taking it all down.  Last year my family had an intervention In February to help me take down my Christmas decorations!!!

I’m going to work on another Tim tag tonight and then tomorrow I need to work on my post for Paper Maniac.  I’m breaking out the watercolors again!!!  It’s been along time.

McMahon Five Designs is having a huge release this week with a new illustrator.  I’m really excited about that.  If you’re interested, M5D is having a design team call.  We have a lot of images that come out every week so you would have a lot of stuff to play with.  Check it out on Sue’s McMahon Five Designs blog. 

That’s it for now!  I’ll talk to you later!!!

Blessings,

Christine

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love both tags you've made!

Stef H said...

stunning tag! absolutely stunning!!!

we put very little up this year too. it just gets harder & harder each year and no one comes by. the kids only come by for an hour or 2. i celebrate in my heart!

hugs :)

Jan Hennings said...

Great tags and I love the bright red stamping!

Kim. said...

I love both of your tags, they are stunning especially this one with the pine cones. I hope your migraine has now gone and you are feeling better. We have had more snow in UK today just when it had finally all cleared away!! I hope to finally get back to crafting this week as I still have many Christmas cards to make lol.
Kim xXx

Lynn Stevens said...

looks great! to me this was the hardest one or maybe I was just too tired that night! LOL