Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Fluttery Angel Tag

This is the 5th post I’ve done today but only two that you can see here.  I have posted on the Just Buggin’ DT gallery and two scheduled posts for JB.  Phew!  ‘Scuse me if I don’t have much to say tonight!

Okay, now onto my Flutterby Wednesday card.

09-12-09The challenge this week is to make a winter themed card and to include a butterfly, fairy or angel.  I made a simple tag for the challenge.  I cut the somewhat egg shaped tag with the Tags, Boxes and More Cricut cartridge. 

I stamped a Hero Arts clear stamp with Versa Mark and heat embossed it silver.  I cut another tag from DCWV silver metalic paper (it kind of looks like duck tape) and added a snowflake shaped eyelet.  I strung some ribbon and string through, tied a bow and then tied the button with the string.  I sponged a little gray chalk to kind of tone down the bright white cardstock.

If you'd like to play along, go check out all of the other lovely DT blogs by clicking on their links on the right sidebar and then go to Danni’s Dreams to link up your card. 

Challenges:
The Pink Elephant -- favorite Christmas color combo
Whimsy Stamps -- die cuts
Papertake Weekly -- no red or green
Gingersnap Creations -- monochromatic

**************************************

justbutton3 Today is also a new challenge at Just Buggin’.  The challenge this week is Happy Holidays.  Make winter holiday or Christmas themed project.  You can make anything you'd like as long as it fits with the current challenge.  The creations by the design team are being posted each day of the week so check every day for inspiration.  My day is Tuesday so I’ll be posting my creation on Tuesday.  It just dawned on me as I typed this, I forgot to post so I’m going to go create that post real quick.  Be sure to look at the post just below!!!

Blessings,

Christine

18 comments:

Nancy said...

Simply elegant and stunning!! WOW!

Lelia Pierce said...

Very classy! I'm sure it would look wonderful on a gift!

Hugs,
Lelia

Laurie said...

I love silver - that butterfly tag is too pretty!

How do you get the snow to fall on your page?

Stef H said...

this is stunning!

hugs,

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful tag. Love angels and fairies.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Really appreciate it.

Happy Holidays

Erika

Heather Schlatter said...

Christine,

This Angel Tag is just gorgeous I love the white and silver combinations!!!!

Great job!!!

Heather

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

This is so pretty! I love how elegant it is! Thanks for playing at Whimsy this week!

Janna :)

Danni said...

Wow!! This is gorgeous!! LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful Christine!! Love your silver embossing!! Thanks for joining with us at Whimsy Challenges!! HUGS

Jodi said...

Wow!! This is just beautiful!! I love what you made for this challenge and who ever gets this tag will just love it!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Kimberly S said...

How very pretty! The embossing looks beautiful. :)

Justine said...

What a great Tag, very elegant. Just wanted you to know that you inspired me to enter the Just Buggin challenges and I now have their blinking on my blog, Thanks

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous tag Christine!! I just love your silver embossing and the shape. So elegant!!
hugs,
Chris

Cassie said...

this really captures winter!! gorgeous!

Michelle said...

gorgeous tag - very elegant!

Pam Varnell said...

This stag totally rocks Christine. It is just stunning. Love it. Hugs.

Ann Kranitz said...

This is just stunning!!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous tag! The silver is so elegant! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Monochromatic Challenge!