Our challenge this week at Just Buggin’ is to Happy Holidays. Make a Christmas project using at least one Cricut die cut.
I decided to make a tag for a gift jar of Hershey’s Kisses. However, I’ve eaten all the Kisses since I made the tag so I’ll have to get more for the gift!
I cut the tag with the George cartridge and the sentiment and snowman are cut with Winter Woodland cartridge. This cartridge has so much fun stuff on it. I’m pretty much finished with winter theme projects for this year but I can’t wait until next year to use some of the other features and cuts.
The cuts themselves are pretty self-explanatory so I’ll get into assembly. The larger tag is cut in a wine colored cardstock as well as the shadows of the sentiment and snowman. The DP tag is Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses (in keeping with the Kisses theme – tee-hee). I used a glue pen to glue the layers together. Glue pens are very forgiving and a great tool for small die cuts. When the glue is wet, you can move it around a bit to get it in the correct position and after it has dried, it is tacky and becomes repositionable. I use glue pens a lot with Cricut die cuts.
I added a lot of Stickles (on the letters, hat band, scarf and buttons) and little black rhinestones for his eyes. I then tied a big pink bow to top it all off. I love these big bows.
My hint for today’s Just Buggin’ challenge: Think big! I used oversized die cuts and ribbon for huge impact.
If you’d like to join in on the Just Buggin’ challenge, you have until tonight to have your project posted the the blog.
Blessings,
Christine
10 comments:
Christine, you do the most lovely things - you are a very talented designer, this is gorgeous.
Best wishes
Karen
JB DT
Great tag, love the way you tied all the colours together with the papers and this looks perfect added to the jar with the ribbon. A great gift.
Kim xXx
oh i am LOL on eating the kisses. i would have too!!! but the tag is gorgeous!
hugs,
Beautiful!!! I wish I could tie bows like that.
Gorgeous tag!! Love all the texture!! Great bow! Kisses....love them!
hugs,
Chris
Beautiful tag!!! I love the colors you chose for it!
Lynne JB DT
Fantastic!! So wonderful!
such a beautiful tag Christine! I wouldn't want to remove it from the jar! LOL!
LOVE this tag!!!! it is great!!!
this tag is super cute! I love all the details you've added even down to the tiny buttons. Great work!!!
Post a Comment