It’s been such a great year at Flutterby Wednesday so I decided to make a thank you card for this weeks challenge. Danni has made it easy on us for the last two weeks of the year and left us with open challenges. Just be sure to include a butterfly, fairy or an angel on your creation.
Isn’t that flower gorgeous! I learned about it on Dawn McVey’s blog. I punched several scalloped circles out of newspaper and then held them together with a brad. I crumpled each layer of paper into the middle and then fluffed them all up. In person, it looks a lot like a carnation. I inked up the edges and glued a MS butterfly to the center! This flower looks so lush and is pretty much free!!! I love that price!.
The DP is Making Memories and I added some pearls colored with my Copics. I used an MS border punch, added the ribbon and a Thanks sentiment (I don’t know who makes it).
If you'd like to play along, go check out all of the other lovely DT blogs by clicking on their links on the right sidebar and then go to Danni’s Dreams to link up your card. I hope you play along with our challenge!
Don’t forget that we will be at our new home next week!
**************************************
Today is also a new challenge at Just Buggin’. The challenge this week is In the Shadows – use the shadow or blackout feature with your die cut. You can make anything you'd like as long as it fits with the current challenge. The creations by the design team are posted each day of the week so check every day for inspiration. My day is Tuesday so I’ll be posting my creation on Tuesday.
Blessings,
Christine
8 comments:
What a gorgeous flower!!! Love the DPs you've used and that butterfly is truly the final touch!! Wishing you all the best in 2010!!! =D hugs, kris
awesome card Christine - I love the flower!! Very cool! Wishing you a wonderful 2010!
My mother would have loved this one as those were some of her favorite colors! One spring she painted our living and dining rooms lavender! Uh huh! She loved it!
I was just reminiscing about how I met you just about a year ago when I was just getting started with my new blog. I feel so blessed to have "found" you and your friendship! Thanks for being there! Have a HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hugs, Coralie
This is gorgeous Christine!! Love your flower!! So much dimension! Perfect thank you card!!
Happy New Year!!
hugs,
Chris
You're so sweet!!
What a gorgeous card!!
Your flower is just yummy! I havent seen one done this way yet!
Wishing you a Joyous New Year!
Very cool card!!
Gorgeous card, Christine!! I too am thankful for Flutter By Wednesdays!!
Post a Comment