I’ve had this stamp laying around for awhile and haven’t gotten around to using it. I don’t even remember where I got it and, of course, it’s not marked. But I love how it turned out! It reminds me of an old greeting postcard. See the crinkly ribbon?
I purchased a roll of rayon seam binding from an Etsy store called Zipperstop in an off white color. I’ve been toying around with ways to color it. This time I used Glimmer Mist. I laid it out on my desktop and started spraying. Then I gathered it all up in my hand and wiped up the GM that was left on the desk. The color was very splotchy but I like it that way. Then I made a really tight ball, squeezing it tight. I un-crumpled it and hung it to dry. It only took about 15 minutes to dry. Isn’t this great!!
There are tons of Etsy stores that sell this ribbon already hand died or smaller packages of the ribbon in the various colors. (It comes in a million colors.) The roll I got contains 100 yards of ribbon and sells for $7.95. The store I checked with hand died ribbon was $5.00 for 4 yards. I think I’ll be making my own colors!!! What a steal! I’m glad that my Mother taught me to be frugal!
That’s it for tonight. I don’t know if I’ll get anything posted tomorrow. I have errands to run tomorrow and I will be working on my Mothers’ Day card which I won’t show until after I give it to her.
On Saturday, I’d like to get out in the yard. Spring has not yet made it to my neck of the woods but I want everything to be ready for when I can plant my garden! I think I’ll be able to plant some seeds here and there this weekend as well.
See ya’ later alligator!!!
Blessings,
Christine
Deets:
Medium-watercolor; Image-image; Ink-Stazon; Paper-Colorbok; Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Antique Pink, Additional from stash-ribbon button.
Challenges:
2 Sketches 4 You--sketch
7 comments:
Beautiful card Christine!! Gorgeous coloring and I love that seam binding bow!
Hey, thanks for the idea on how to die the seam binding! I think I'm going to try that! I really adore the crinkly look! Your flower and bow are just perfect.
oh my gosh! this is absolutely gorgeous! that image is just fabulous and your ribbon..... holy moly! it's gorgeous!!!! wowza!
This card is stunning and I just love love love that ribbon, you really have a way with it.
Kim xXx
Beautiful card Christine! I love the ribbon and the vintage feel to the whole thing.
LOL I have to laugh I was going to bring you and Linda some of this ribbon I made, I bought the same roll at the same place and did the same things. GREAT MINDS!!! Guess I need to go back to the drawing board.
Gorgeous by the way!
This is gorgeous, Christine! I feel out of the loop, with you and Lynn being so savvy about this beautiful ribbon. ;-)
Post a Comment