Monday, May 17, 2010

Victorian Flower Girl

I think I’ve mentioned before that my favorite images are floral/garden and vintage, and when I find a floral image with a vintage flair, I’m hooked.100_6152 I’m not going to mention how long I’ve had this stamp before I used it, but I have now!!!

I used the crinkly ribbon again but this time I dyed it with watercolor paint.  I like it better when it’s dyed with Glimmer mist but since I have limited colors, I do what I have to do.  I also watercolored the beautiful blooms from Wild Orchid Crafts. 

It’s a migraine day again but I’m just trying to work through it.  I had fun coloring the other day and have two more cards to put together.  They both feature the same stamp.  I can’t wait to see what I come up with for those two.

That’s it for today!  Don’t forget that there is a challenge up at the Squigglefly challenge blog and they also have some brand new images in the store!!!  Then on Wednesday, it’s another Flutterby Wednesday project.  It’s an easy challenge, for me at least, and I’m getting started on that next!!!  Coloring an image always helps me with my migraines!

Blessings,

Christine

Deets:
Medium-watercolor; Image-Clear Art Stamps; Sentiment-Clear Art Stamps; Ink-
Papertrey Ink Pure Black, Stazon black; Paper-Basic Grey Wisteria; Punch-EK Success, Martha Stewart; Buttons-; Flowers-Wild Orchid Crafts (dyed with watercolor ink); Cuttlebug-Nestabilities;  Pearls-Basic Grey, Kaiser Craft (colored with Copics); Additional from stash-ribbon.

Challenges:
Whoopsi Daisy-As you like it
Lexi’s Creations-sketch
ABC Challenge-Unused stash (stamps)
Cute Card Thursday-Cards for someone special
Stamp Something-Celebrate something
Allsorts-birthday
Basic Grey Challenge-Punch it
Sketch Saturday-sketch
Creative Inspirations-Punches or die cuts
Paper Sundaes-Easel card

22 comments:

Linnie said...

Oh! I really looove this card ..image soooo cute and just beautiful colours
Thankyou for joining in at WhoopsiDaisy
linniex

Rach said...

This is beautiful.xx

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful blog too. Sorry you suffer from migraines, I have them too, not a fun thing! Thanks for playing along in the PaperCraft Planet Crafty Secrets challenge. Have a great day! ~Diane

Lexi said...

This is stunning! And such a fab take on our sketch...thanks for playing at Lexi's Creations

Hugs Lexi xxx

Holly Young said...

Wow Christine, gorgeous card! I love your flowers and the added touches of the pearl flourish and the elegant sentiment push it over the top! Hope you feel better soon!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Zowie, girl, this is spectacular!!! Love all those flowers!

Alica said...

fantastic! the image is really cute and the flowers look great!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Laurie said...

That is sweet! I hope your migraine's gone today...I'm feeling better after four days of illness and can't wait to get all caught up on blogs!

Faye said...

OMG. Your card is absolutely beautiful. I mean, Wow! Thanks for playing at Lexi's. x

pinky said...

Wow christine, gorgeous creation, love all the flowers. Thanks for sharing at WhoopsiDaisy this month.
Pinky

cheryl said...

wow hun this is one gorjus card hun thanks for playing along with my challenge over at creative inspiraitions hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Kim. said...

This is such a pretty card, the image is sooo cute and you have coloured her beautifully. Love the different looks you are getting with the ribbon.
Kim xXx

Anonymous said...

oh wauw so many beautiful details.
Thank you so much for joining us at Stamp Something this week.
Dorte aka dot-scrap.blogspot.com

Farida Rone said...

OMG!!! This is gorgeous. Love it. Thanks for playing with us at Lexi's Creations.
Hugs,
Farida

Annie said...

a gorgeous card and I love the image you used. thanks for joining us at CCT this week.
hugs, annie x

Debby said...

This made go OHHHHH. My goodness this is beautiful. I have migraines too. Have had them since I was 8 and I'm 46. Been a long time. thank goodness for modern medicine, I can take something and at least sort of function after. Used to be I had to go to the emergency room for demerol. not fun. I feel the pain.

Jo said...

WOW! Stunning card!
Thank you for joining in with us over at Sketch Saturday this week
Jo xx

Autumn said...

This is stunning! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's!

Moshie said...

This is an absolute gorgeous take on our sketch this week! Very stunning! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations.
hugs, Diana

Christine said...

Wow, your card is absolutely stunning! So beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Sundaes!

Kim Costello said...

Love this card Christine, it's beautiful!!! The punching is fabulous and great choice of colours too!!!Hope your migraine has gone!

♥Thanks for joining us at Basic Grey Challenges♥
HuGs Kim and the Team :)

Jenni said...

Sweet image and love all those fabulous flowers! Thanks so much for joining in with the Creative Inspirations challenge this fortnight.
Jenni x