Thursday, April 16, 2009

Deco Black Velvet

I think I've decided I can finally be happy with my card making. I sure like this one anyway! I love anything about the 20s. I used to think I was reincarnated from a Flapper!!!

I tried to get the Art Deco feel with this card; I hope I made it!

When I saw the challenge at Chrisma Cards, I new I had to use this stamp. Their theme is a little black dress. I used the water color pencils (again) and as I was painting it I realized it was beginning to look like velvet. Next time, I'll go for that look from the beginning. The stamp has a lot of solid areas so it worked out well. As always, it looks better in person. I added glitter to her neclace and the fringe on her dress. There are several stamps in this set. Two other large ladies from the 20s and a number of smaller images. I really love them. You'll get to meet the other ladies soon.

I used the sketch from Inspirational Card Sketches.

I'm going to bed early tonight. Usually, I go to bed about 2:00 am and go to sleep between 3 and 4. I have to get up at 7:00 in the morning. That's going to be a real challenge. It will be a great day though because my Mom and I are going to a quilt shop hop. Hopefully, I'll be able to get some great pictures to show everyone. Nitey, nite!

Blessings,

12 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

Gorgeous card,
piece of art,
love it
hugs
ANgie

Dawn♥ said...

Oh Christine it's so elegant looking! LOVE it! Thank you so much for playing along with ICS! Lovely job! :)
♥Dawn♥

Allison said...

lovely card, great papers
AllisonX

Pearl said...

Love your choice of the DCWV Glittered cardstock for this card ! great coloring of your stamped lady !

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is so chic and elegant Christine. I think you got that feel that you were after. A really beautiful card. Thanks for joining the Charisma Cardz Challenge.
Sharon xx

Tricia said...

I think you did a terrific card here!

Danni said...

Hope you have a great day at the quilt hop.
Simply stunning card! Wonderful job!

Sarah Sullivan said...

Wow - this is wonderful Christine!! I love it - how do you get all the extra stuff on there!! I'm out of the loop!!! I think this one is my favorite so far!!
Hugs, Sarah

Nancy said...

I love Deco! My etsy shop is Livin' on the Fringe and my logo is a winking flapper! Love the card.

The Crafty Blonde said...

Great card, love the Deco image. Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma.
Lyndsey xx

Sally said...

Love the deco and I too like the 20's era. Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma

Vee said...

Fabulous card love the Art Deco theme. Great take on the challenge.Thanks for joining the Charisma challenge.
xx Vee