When I saw the challenge at Cinema Saturday was to use an animal from the movie Lion King, I knew that I would use this stamp. Isn't he such a prince? There are two other challenges to use animals in your card, 2 Red Bananas and 3 Clovers (it's all about the numbers). Truly Scrumptious sketch challenge was to follow their sketch and make a card for child. I love these sketches that have a lot of layering.
I told you I was going to tell about my meeting on Tuesday night. I've talked on my blog before about playing music with the Idaho Old Time Fiddlers. We play once a month at the Veteran's Home here in Boise. Tuesday, they had a banquet for all of their volunteers. The theme for the night was the USO. They had a guy in army camouflage pants and a t-shirt holding a toy golf club that was playing Bob Hope as the MC. The also had Marilyn Monroe, Momma Cass, ole Blue Eyes himself-Frank Sinatra, Phylis Diller and Elvis. The only one that remotely looked like the person they were playing, was Elvis. But they all did a great job, some singing and some lip syncing. They also had a few veterans from WWII that told stories about when they were overseas. The whole program served to remind us what all of the veterans, whichever war they have served in, have sacrificed to keep us to safe and free!!! They even had a red, white and blue desert -- red velvet cake with cream cheese icing and blueberries on top. It was a very fun night!!!
Oh, and I also won a door prize. Actually, they called out the name Christine and Allen Nay. My sisters name is Alice. I think they must have gotten a little mixed up. However, we did take some teasing from the people in our group. My sister and I have been single for most of our lives so we get that kind of stuff a lot. When we went to our 25th high school reunion, people kept asking if we lived together. I guess they think we are old maids that have to keep each other company like the "aunts" on the Waltons!!! Yes, we graduated high school together, as well as my brother, but that's another story for another time. I'll catch you up on that sometime because I don't want to bore you all at once!!!
If you haven't entered for my giveaway, you still have time. Click on the Martha Stewart book above and it will take you to the candy with a challenge post!!!

17 comments:
Hi,
Love the card,
would be great for a male/son etc
Hugs
Angie
A real fun card, love the colour combo, has lots of possibilities.
Brenda x
Love the lion stamp too! The papers go together so nicely, great card!
very cute, love the colours you have used
This is a wonderful card! I love the colors and your lion is adorable! Thanks for playing along in our challenge!
what a fun lion card. I love those little buttons, cute touch.
This card is so cute! I love the papers and ric rac and the buttons... The lion is really adorable, too.
This is fab! Your lion is adorable and I love the colours you've used. Thanks for joining in our TS challenge.
What a SUPER CUTE card!!! Fun colors and a great layout!! Thanks so much for participating in this week's 3 Clover Thursday Challenge!!
Awww how majestic is he - gorgeous stamp - love the colours..
Thanks for joining us on TS this week
Dawn
That lion is so cute, and I love the little buttons you used too!
What a cute card! that little lion is adorable! thanks for playing along with this weeks challenge over at Three Clovers!
hugs!
Sharon
What a great card!! Wonderful job!
Wow! love all the layers! So glad you played with us this week!
Hugs
Brooke
Darling card...thanks for joining us this week at the zoo! (3CTC) ha
What an adorable card!!! LOVE that cutie lion and the choice of papers that you used!!! The buttons are such a great touch!!
Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge!!!
Best wishes,
Sankari:)
This is so cute! I love the little lion and the paper go perfectly! Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge!
Beth xx
Post a Comment