
It's Thursday, so you know what that means? Yes, Thursday Thunks. Here are the questions.
1. If you could skywrite anything you wanted, what would it be? Thank you Ahsley
2. Did you get drunk at your prom? No, but I should have. My date stood me up and I still had to go because I was the prom chairman.
3. What is your favorite spice to use cooking? To pick a fav, I guess it would have to be oregano.
4. What color is your roof? silver
5. In a land far, far away I _____________ was a fairy princess and taught all of the other fairy princess that they don't need a prince to sweep them away!!!
6. In the Miss USA pageant, Miss California was asked; "Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalize same sex marriage. Do you think every state should follow suit? Why or why not?" and her answer was; "Well I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. Um, we live in a land that you can choose same sex marriage or opposite marriage and, you know what, in my country and in, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman," Carrie said to a mix of boos and applause. "No offense to anybody out there. But that's how I was raised and that's how I think that it should be between a man and a woman." Do you think that cost her the crown? Yes
7. Do you watch Miss USA/Miss America pageants? Sometimes
1. If you could skywrite anything you wanted, what would it be? Thank you Ahsley
2. Did you get drunk at your prom? No, but I should have. My date stood me up and I still had to go because I was the prom chairman.
3. What is your favorite spice to use cooking? To pick a fav, I guess it would have to be oregano.
4. What color is your roof? silver
5. In a land far, far away I _____________ was a fairy princess and taught all of the other fairy princess that they don't need a prince to sweep them away!!!
6. In the Miss USA pageant, Miss California was asked; "Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalize same sex marriage. Do you think every state should follow suit? Why or why not?" and her answer was; "Well I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. Um, we live in a land that you can choose same sex marriage or opposite marriage and, you know what, in my country and in, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman," Carrie said to a mix of boos and applause. "No offense to anybody out there. But that's how I was raised and that's how I think that it should be between a man and a woman." Do you think that cost her the crown? Yes
7. Do you watch Miss USA/Miss America pageants? Sometimes
8. Have you ever driven/ridden on a tractor? I've ridden them many times (my Grandpa was a farmer) but have never driven one. My Grandpa tried to teach me to drive his pickup and I almost ran over him (I was about 12 and could barely see of the steering wheel - that's my story and I'm sticking to it.) so he never let me drive another one of his vehicles!!!
9. For the parents - what cartoon/children show did your child watch obsessively? (Hey, if you aren't a parent, maybe a niece or nephew...) I'm not a parent but my niece loved The Wiggles. I had to look that up on Google because I thought it was the Giggles but that didn't sound right!
10. If I set a level on your living room floor - would it show that it was level? No, it leans to the west.
11. What was the last restaurant you ate at? Iceberg, they have yummy shakes!
12. What's the picture on your wall calendar for this month? No picture, I have a white board calendar.
13. Are you superstitious? Kind of. I don't go out of my way to do things but I also won't walk under a ladder or but I don't try not to step on the cracks on the sidewalk. (Is that a double negative.) I once owned a black cat!
14. If I get into your car and turn on the radio - what type of radio station will I hear? oldies -- sometimes country.
15. Would you rather wake up with a snake in your bed or a lizard? Whichever is smaller. Yuck, now I'm going to have nightmares tonight.
16. Do you think schools have changed at all since the Columbine tragedy 10 years ago? In what ways? I think the most important change is that they take kids threats seriously now. I'm not involved in the schools (not a parent) so I don't know details but I do here on the news sometimes when a school has had a threat. In our town, they have brought the Rachael's Challenge to schools and parents every year lately. Rachael is one of the girls that was killed at Columbine and her family has a speaking circuit where they talk about the things she stood for such as being kind to others and never to deny your faith. Rachael is the girl that the killers asked if she still believed in God and then shot her because she did.
That whole things ends I kind of a sour note. Sorry.
If you would like to join in on Thursday Thanks, click on the link at the top of this post!
If you haven't entered for my giveaway, you still have time. Click on the Martha Stewart book above and it will take you to the candy with a challenge post!!!
Blessings,
6 comments:
You can never have enough fairy princesses! Great job. Enjoy your day...
Tough break on prom night! Have a happy Thursday :)
Ditto with NurseExec. Great answers!
No! No! Not the Wiggles! I played too... check out my answers, HERE!
greaT answers especially #8!
Ah. The kids I babysit like the Wiggles. You gotta love their songs.
Post a Comment