Friday, April 3, 2009

Striped Monkeys

I'm back on my regular schedule of doing my cards in the late evening again.


My Time to Craft's challenge this week is is to have some "Island Fun." The image is an Autumn Leaves clear stamp set. I made the flowers using a Cuttlebug die and I glued little seed beads in the center. My niece was going to be married last summer and I designed the invitations for her. I did these flowers (in the same colors but more pastel) for an example. However she didn't like the flowers (she wanted daisies) and then she didn't get married either.

I used my watercolors again. I really like the watercolor pencils. I'm going to have to break out the real watercolors one of these days. I would be able to get more colors with them. I kind of struggled with the greens on this one.

I bought and downloaded a couple of digital stamps today that I want to print and color. My printer is out of black ink and I need to by some different water color paper. Mine is to thick to put through the printer. So tomorrow I'll be off to Walmart to get some ink. Then I'll come home and print a coupon and go buy some new watercolor paper and whatever else I think I'll need at the time.

The weather man said it's supposed to rain tomorrow but after that, sunny and in the 60s. I'll be able to get out and get some yard work done. Yay!!! I love my garden. I'll have to wait to paint the deck until we've had about a weed of no rain though!!!

Blessings,

6 comments:

Jo said...

FAB, the image is perfect! Thanks for joining in with us at MTTC :o) Jo x

Saskia said...

Lovely card!! I like the colours you used, and the cute image!!

Greetings,
Saskia

Danni said...

What a wonderful card and I love the flowers!! Great job!! Your watercoloring is amazing!!

Lesley said...

Fab card and cute image! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Really cute and such a pretty colour scheme! Thanks for joining the MTTC Challenge this week!

made by fifi said...

fab card - love the monkey - thank you for joining in this week xx