Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sparklly Birthday Cake




Let's all say Happy Birthday to Bee. Why, you ask? Because she's the one giving a gift!!! You can download this digi stamp from her blog. Then use it to make a birthday card and enter her contest. The card she likes best will win one of her digi images! You wanna know how I know? Because I won her last challenge with this card ! (hehe)

I used the Stamps and Smiles sketch to make the card. After I finished, I checked my list of challenges and it also fits If the Shoe Fits, Scrap It (pink and brown), Our Creative Corner (favorite color combo -pink and brown of course), and 2 Red Bananas (wearing stripes). How's that for combining?


I used DCWV Sweet papers and water colored the cake slice. Doesn't it look delicious. It's like the cupcakes I made for Easter, chocolate with cherry icing. Yummmmy! I also glitter all the pink frosting to match the glitter on the dp. I haven't put the sentiment on it yet because I want to get some pink embossing powder. I that would be cute.

I hope you like your cake, Bee!

My Mother has been wanting me to come by a dig up a rose for her that she wanted to give to me. It was a very large bush and I was dreading the job. She called earlier this week and said my nieces boyfriend, Chris, dug it up for us. What a great guy!!! Thanks Chris! It was a huge job but now it's all trimmed down and it won't be too hard to plant. Now I'll have to dig a hole and plant it. That's my job for tomorrow!

If you read my Pink Saturday post, I had pictures of my Mother's flowers. I commented that she has chives in with her tulips. She has a reason for that. They keep the aphids off of the roses. I already have aphids on my roses so I'm definitely giving that a try!

I'll probably be back in a bit. I'm going to go outside and play with Chloe, my doggie, for a while and then get crafty again!
If you haven't entered for my giveaway, you still have time. Click on the Martha Stewart book above and it will take you to the candy with a challenge post!!!

Blessings,

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a super cute card! Thanks for playing along!

Danni said...

Very nice card and way to use it for so many challenges!

Jeanette - said...

Beautiful card, I LOVE all the sparkles :) Thanks for joining in our challenge :)

Teresa said...

Love the pink and brown, very yummy.

Lilacanglia said...

Super card,
have fun with your little cutie,
Hugs
Angie

Bee said...

I love the cake! Great choice to use browns as I'd have to have chocolate in there somewhere and the sparkle really adds to it :)
- Bee Crafty
(Don't forget to let me know which of my downloads you would like for your prize from the last competition mail@artisangroup.org.uk)

lesleyworth said...

Yummy card! thanks for playing with us at the Shoe!

Wendy said...

This card is so cute! I love these papers, too. (I have the mat stack and have used it for a number of projects.) Your coloring is really good, too.

issy said...

This is a cutie..it reminds me of chocolate..

issy

Verda said...

Beautiful card. It is amazing how many people agree with your choice.

Maraya said...

Very cute card - I like the glittery icing!