Monday, April 6, 2009

Girly Girl Fairy


The challenge at Colour Create was to use duck egg blue and rose. I hope this is what the meant. The extra challenge was to use stitching but it wasn't compulsory. That was good because I didn't do it. I've never done stitching on a card. It's too much work to pull out the sewing machine!!!

This is one of the stamps I got in the mail today. She is "Lovely Fairy" from Auntie Amy's stamps. Isn't she cute? Once again, I used my water color pencils. I thought I had some paper that went with her but when I got her done, it just didn't work so I just used plain card stock for her. It makes the image stand out even more. Ya, that's right!! With those colors she is very girly girl!!!

One of the other stamps I got today is amazingly beautiful. It is a Paris cafe street scene. I think it will take a couple of times to get it colored correctly because it very intricate and is made for watercolors. I can't wait to start it but it will have to wait until tomorrow because if I start it now, I won't be able to sleep until I get it done! (hehe)

Blessings,

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card.Thanks for entering my candy & good luck.Denise x

Kelly said...

Christine,
How beautiful...I would love to spend a day looking at all of your stamps. My collection is very limited. I'll have to remedy that in the near future.
You are very right about using the plain card stock, it make the Girly Girl stand out that much more! Simply lovely!
Kel

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Love this card and can't wait to see the Paris street scene. It sounds wonderful!

(For now, I'm still at the hospital every day as Jim is still not home. We're waiting to hear that he'll be back home soon! Thanks for visiting and for your continued support!)

Danni said...

What a gorgeous image and a gorgeous card! Love this!!

Heather said...

Lovely card - so pretty. Gorgeous image and beautifully coloured.
Thanks for joining us a CC.
hugs Heather xx

Rose said...

THis is beautiful. Is this the one you were talking about? Trish does love fairies.

aardvarkpest said...

Great card. Beautiful image and beautifully coloured.

Glenda