This is my card for the Bee Crafty challenge this fortnight. (Don’t you think that fortnight is such a better work than biweekly?) I used the Fairy Angel digi stamp from Bee Crafty’s store.
We have an extra sponsor this week at Bee Crafty. Cupcake Cards and Crafts gave each of the DT a sample of their digital paper to use in this weeks challenge. I chose the “My Lazy Sunday Paper” set to use for my card for this challenge. This is a lovely set of blue, cream and gray papers. I chose three different papers to use on my card. I took the paper used on my background and shrunk it to use for paper piecing for the Fairy Angel’s dress.
I haven’t used digital paper much but while making this card, I realize how versatile dig paper is. I have Photoshop installed on my computer but haven’t taken much time to learn it. One of my fellow DT members used PS to fill the dress on her image with a downsized piece of the same paper that she used on her card. I’m hoping that they will be teaching a PS class in the community education classes this fall. It’s so much easier to learn when you take a class.
So here are the deets about the challenge. Go to the Bee Crafty blog to see the other DT member cards. For this challenge, you must use digital paper, as well as a digital image. The prize will be a Bee Crafty challenge as well as a free download from Cupcake Cards and Crafts. So what are you waiting for; go to Bee Crafty and do this challenge!!!
Also, Bee Crafty is releasing some new images in the store today. I love the little kids dressed up in their Halloween costumes. Not only these but a couple of others too. Check them out on the Bee Crafty blog.
Blessings,
Christine
Oops, I almost forgot. I used the sketch from Everybody Art Challenge.
4 comments:
Love this delicate layered card Christine and your great use of the digi papers :)
Thanks for the shout out about my new images too!
what a fabulous card! i love the colors and how cool that you paper pieced her dress in PS too! super!
hugs,
Hi Christine
I SO love this card, its so pretty! I like what you have done with the paper pieced dress to match the paper backing.
Lovely to see 'Lazy Sunday' done in a girly way, I never saw these papers as feminine till now! Wonderful!
Thanks SO much for the fab inspiration!
:O)
Your card is absolut brilliant.
Thanks for joining in our birthday-Challenge.
Hugs
Iris
EAC-Team
Post a Comment