Saturday, August 29, 2009

Frenchy Pink Saturday

It’s been a long time since I participate in Pink Saturday.  It’s not that I don’t have enough pink around the house but that I just keep forgetting.  But I got to it this week!!!

I was originally going to post my Pink Thrifty Finds from when I was in Utah but didn’t get a chance to get photos taken.  So then I decided to post something I took photos of a couple of weeks ago, but now I can’t find those photos.  So this is what I decided to do.

To me, the epitome of pink in the movies is:

grease

75474_181251_8

 

Of course, who can forget the pink ladies.  And who’s the pinkest of the pink

 

ICONATOR_fbcb21b8aebfb9ae484508ae1ef702f9

 

 

Frenchy, of course.

 

 

 

didi_conn6

 

It was so dreamy when Frankie Valli sang to her!  Actually, I think it was a dream!

 

 

As often happens with popular movies, the pink theme of this movie took a life of its own.

img-set

82756195-300x300-0-0_Disney Grease Set Of 3 Barbie Dolls Pink Ladies Sa

 

 

Pink Lady Barbies;

 

 

 

 

P9G8ABG7VSFZV2P7MMHV

 

 

Pink Lady jackets;

 

 

 

Grease_Frenchie-Costume

 

 

 

Pink Lady costumes (you know that would definitely be coming);

 

 

 

 

 

Grease Pink Ladies Jacket and Models Cake

 

 

and even cakes!

 

 

 

But what takes the cake (no pun intended), a Pink Lady dog!!!  Frenchy, of course.

1st-place-frenchy

Beverly at How Sweet the Sound hosts Pink Saturday every week. This is a very fun event. Each of us post some pink on our blog on Saturday and try to visit as many of the other blogs as possible. Big thanks to Beverly for coordinating all the pinkaliciousness!

Happy Pink Saturday,

Christine

15 comments:

Nancy said...

Our kids watched that movie over and over when they were young. I think it was even old when they got it! Such fun, and such peace for us for an hour!

Caught up on posts. Lovely b'day post for your mom. I love Wednesdays' ... you have such great answers.

And, the cards...always the cutest.

HPS!

NicNacManiac said...

What a great post!! Loved this movie, the kids loved it more though...watched it over and over!! Frenchy really was the best, all the pink and attitude!!
Enjoy your Pink Saturday!!
Hugs xOxO, Nerina :)

Stef H said...

one of my fav movies, but wasn't it frankie AVALON???? and not frankie VALLE???? did i ever tell you i went to singing school with frankie avalon? way too many years ago - before my teen years too!

of course, you already know i love pink but i think you out-rank me on it. fabulous pictures too!

hugs,

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday Christine! It was so much fun visiting you. I loved Grease and the pink ladies were so cute! Being a doll lover, I'm partial to your pink lady Barbie dolls. I've never seen them before. Have a great weekend!

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love the pinks you've chosen to share with us today. I hope you are "in the pink" and having a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday!


This is such a fun pink post!



~ Gabriela ~

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday!


This is such a fun pink post!



~ Gabriela ~

Marie said...

Cute pink post, I enjoyed the Frenchy pics! Love that movie.

endomental said...

I like this! Frenchy "beauty school dropout" pink!

Charo said...

That film, how many beautiful songs, lovely pink ladies. Thanks for your comment. Happy Pink Saturday!!!

Becs said...

I love Grease! The Pink ladies Rock! THanks for the visit. BEcs

ForgedinPaper said...

The Frenchy dog made me laugh out loud. I'm glad you posted this week!
Cute hula card as well.

Anonymous said...

fab pinks can't remeber how may times I have watched grease then DS was in it in the school play last year so we have been watching it again

This West London Life said...

One of the best feel-good movies ever - I love it! Thanks for making my 1st Pink Saturday so welcoming.

Drawn to The Sea said...

Pink Frenchies... from the sublime to the ridiculous, LOL! How funny that we both used dogs with pink on their heads this week. Thanks for the memories & the giggles.

Happy (late) Pink Saturday,
~Julia