Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Reading My Book

I had four older brothers and sisters that were in school before I was. I wanted to read so bad that I would sit with them while they read and consequently learned to read.

Carnegie%20Library%20Picture%201My mother told me that when I was in grade school the teacher said that there is a problem with Christine’s reading. My mom was surprised to hear that but asked anyway. The teacher said that they had no books for me to read because I had read every book in the library! And I still love to read!!! We used to take weekly trips to the city library! We had so much fun at the old Carnegie library building; the children’s books were in the basement. When I moved back to Idaho several years ago I was sad to hear that this beautiful building now houses a law firm. I think they should have left it as a branch library!

reading my book This is one of the images I colored while I was in Utah. The beautiful stamp is a Story of Me from Clear Art Stamps. I colored her with my watercolor paints and mounted her on cardstock cut with nesties. The paper is from the MM English Garden stack. I distressed all the edges with tan chalk, added some ribbon from Martha Stewart and some various buttons.

I used the sketch from Sketch and Stash and my newest stash is the stamp. Stamp Something’s challenge is a birthday card. I didn’t have room for a sentiment on the front but I think this would be a perfect birthday card when giving someone a book.

I’m back to my crafty table now. I seem to be having a block when it comes to putting my cards together. I think I’ll take a look at some old cards and sketches and maybe things will start clicking again.

I also have a migraine today and I’ve found that water coloring images really helps. I’m gone now and will be painting a stamp that I hadn’t been able to find (I really need to organize my stamps) but love and hadn’t inked up yet!

Blessings,

Christine

1 comment:

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Hi Christine,

Your card turned out adorable! The colors all work together so well. You really showed off our little Story of Me stamp set!
Thanks
Sandy Redburn