Monday, March 30, 2009

Flutterby Friendship

It's been quite a busy weekend. My sister and I cleared everything off of my deck. I can't believe how much stuff is on my deck. I have one reclining lawn chair, a vintage white iron table with 4 chairs (ice cream parlor style), a little table, 5 flower pots, an old window that I'm going to do something crafty with, and my bicycle. I thinks that's all. It's all sitting on my back lawn right now.

Then we went to the rental store and rented a pressure washer. We unloaded it from my truck (they are very heavy) and played around with the first one for about an hour but we couldn't get it to work. Called the rental store back and they said to bring it back and trade it for another. We were attempting to get it loaded back into the truck but it was just too heavy for us to lift. Some men were just leaving a neighbors house and asked if we needed help. Thanks goodness there are nice people in the world!!!

We got back and they tested everything with another pressure washer and the nozzle wand thingy was broken. They gave us a different washer and a different hose and wand. Once we got a good washer the job went pretty well. There is a lot of pressure coming from that hose so we switched off so our arms wouldn't get too tired. With all the loose paint off, now I will be able to paint it. We were able to get the second one in the truck because it had handles on both sides so we could lift it easier. It still took everything we had to lift it.

Then that night, I was in bed and at exactly 1:50, I heard a very strange sound like a truck speeding down the road or something. A few seconds later, I heard a huge gust of wind. I heard things blowing around outside and everything. I was really quite scared for awhile. Only a few miles from my house, huge pine trees were blown right off their roots. It was a pretty amazing storm. They said it was just a cold front coming through but it had 55 mile an hour winds. I just live across the freeway from the airport so those were the winds in my neighborhood.

I made this card for Flutter By Wednesday. The challenge was a sketch and also to include a butterfly. Danni is giving away some beautiful blog candy with the challenge this week.

The patterned paper is Basic Grey Porcelain. I usually put the flower on the left side but I put it on the right side today because it would have hidden the butterfly on the paper. It is the Flutterby Challenge after all. I need to start stamping the sentiment before I put the card together. I smudged it a bit when I stamped it.

And there is a little butterfly bead in the center of the flower. I also inked the flowers a bit with some pink chalk ink.

Everybody hope for some nice weather so I can paint the deck and get all the stuff off my lawn.

Blessings to everyone,

2 comments:

Danni said...

Oh my! This is beautiful!! Love it!! So many little details that really make it stand out, like that little butterfly bead! So wonderful!!
Thanks for playing along in my challenge!!

Jacilynn said...

Love this. the flower is gorgeous! Love the colors and the beautiful DP!