Monday, March 23, 2009

Angel Thanks




I made this card for a fellow member of the Idaho Old Time Fiddlers to say thank you for something she did for the group. I have had the idea in mind for a couple of days then as I was working on it, I realized that it followed the Creative Card Crew's second challenge. Their challenge is to make a card using no designer paper.


I used a Cuttlebug folder for the background paper(it's light blue but you can't really tell from the pic). I stamped and embossed the image and sentiment. I don't know whose stamp it is because some manufacturer's don't put their name on them. I'm starting to write names on my new ones so I know where they came from.


Let me tell you a little bit about the Idaho Old Time Fiddlers. The Idaho group is part of an international organization. We go to retirement and care centers and play for the residences. It is really great to bring some joy to their days. I am the co-chairman this year. I'm responsible for organizing and being MC for our performances during the daytime. We have six different centers that we go to each month. I don't play the fiddle; I play the mandolin and sing.


I am also the historian, which involves scrapbooking what happens throughout the year (this is my 3rd year at that). I've been slacking on that job because I keep forgetting my camera but I have a friend who has taken a lot of pics. Then over the summer I will prepare the scrapbook to present in September.


I'll post some pictures of one of our performances when I remember the camera; maybe tomorrow. Well, I guess that would be today since it's past midnight.

Blessings to everyone,
By the way, does anyone have any good, clean jokes that I could tell the elderly. I'm always needing a good joke to start the show. You can either leave a comment or email me. My email address is on my profile page. Thanks!!!

11 comments:

Paula said...

Wow this is stunning Christine love the simplicity of it and the angel image wow. Thankyou for taking part in the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Paula xxxx

LiLi M. said...

Your card turned out great! Well I'm not very good at jokes, I'm affraid, I prefer talking about funny accidents that happend. I googled and found www.joke.com perhaps you can find something there. I think you do a lot of good work already! Have a great day!

Tasha said...

Beautiful card - i love the embossing its awesome
Thanks for joining in the Creative Card Crew Challenge
love tasha xx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Christine, and what a gorgeous card you have made. I love the angel image. Thank you for joining in with our challenge this week. Linda x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

A wonderful and classy card Christine. That angel is beautiful. Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Sharon xx

Marianne said...

I like your card! I don't have that embossing folder yet, but I think I really need it! Those Cuttlebug folders are REALLY great.
That's really neat that you are in that music group. That must be so fun to go perform for the older folks. I'm sure they appreciate it so much! Have a fun time!

Marianne said...

Oh, I was going to tell you that I have been wanting to try the Copic markers, too. I keep reading about so many people using them on their cards. I was told by one of them that if I wanted to try something similar to them to get the Bic Mark-it markers, which I did. And they are really nice, but I think I want to try the Copics too!

Marianne said...

I think the Roberts in Jordan Landing by me has that dotted swiss embossing folder (which I have and LOVE). At least they did about a week ago. Do you want me to get one and mail it to you?

Christine said...

Beautiful card Christine (great name) & congrats on your candy win of ALL those stamps, have fun.

hugs Christine xxx

The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering the contest. I had to tell you, your Chole looks almost just like my dog Moose. He is a Chinese Crested Powder Puff and let me tell you, they could be brother and sister!

Aunty Sue said...

xcongratulations on winning jaks candy. lovely blog