I must not be too devious because I've never been good at April Fools jokes/pranks, but my mother is. Both of these stories happened after all of her children were well into their 30s.One year my sister, Rose, was coming to visit from out of state the weekend after April Fools. My Mom called me on AF and said that she had just purchased airline tickets for us to go visit Rose. I said, "We can't go to Rose's because Rose is coming here." She would reply, "We're going to Rose's; won't that be fun!!!" This went on and on, both of us repeating similar things, until I thought my Mother had totally lost her mind. She wasn't even 60 yet. When she could tell I was getting really worried, she yelled, "APRIL FOOLS."
A couple of years later, we were having a family get together at my Mom's -- siblings from out of town and everything. I got to her house for dinner and was hanging out in the kitchen when I realized there was no silverware on the table. I opened the drawer and their was none in there either. I got in the china hutch, that silverware was gone too. Okay, by this time I realized it is AF and now I'm wondering what the heck she's up to. When I asked her about it, she would just smirk and shrug her shoulders. We all sat down at the table for dinner and she brought out the "eating utensils". They were cooking utensils; big spoons, spatulas, ladles, etc. The worst part was that she was serving spaghetti.
I can't remember off the top of my head about the things she did when we were kids, but she was always up to something!!! I'll add more if I think of anything else during the day. I do remember that she ALWAYS did something to our breakfast. It's not much fun to wake up to purple oatmeal.

5 comments:
Mom was so much fun. We should get her to write some of these things down. She remembers better than anybody.
Hi Christine,
Thanks for stopping by my blog; so nice to be visited by a fellow Idahoan! I'd LOVE to live in another part of Idaho, or another state that had a few months more of warm weather, but "Bloom where you're planted", right?
Your cards are very nice. Your colored pencils may have been dropped in shipment; they break all over the place when that happens! I love colored pencils, but that's definitely a drawback.
Love,
Marqueta
I remember that dinner.My friend gave her daughters green milk on their cereal and green icing on their sweet rolls for saint patricks day.
very funny!
I love the silverware trick!
Post a Comment