Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hope


When I saw the sketch at Inspirational Card Sketches, this is what came to mind. I had received an order of flowers and other embellies the day before and I knew I wanted to do this sketch with my new flower with torn and embossed paper. And it turned out just how I wanted. The next day the Daring Cardmakers posted their challenge which was large embellies. I think this flower fits the bill.

I used Cuttlebug dies for the background and the background and circle. I used Fiskars embossing plates in my Cuttlebug for the torn strips. The sentiment is a cut from the Cricut Calligraphy cartridge.

If you haven't entered for my giveaway, you still have time. Click on the Martha Stewart book above and it will take you to the candy with a challenge post!!!

Blessings,

11 comments:

Rika said...

Beautiful card!!

Anonymous said...

`WoW` your card is beautiful..love that great big flower with the embossing..
`Thanks` for joining in with ICS this week..
Have a lovely Day:)♥

Kim Costello said...

What a stunning card Christine! Love the flower! Fantastic take on this weeks sketch! Thanks for joining us! ♥ HuGs Kim x

Dawn♥ said...

Christine your card is absolutely beautiful! Love the torn edges and the color scheme is dynamite & my favorite. Lovely job well done and thank you for joining us! :)
♥Dawn♥

Tricia said...

great use of the embossing folders for the ICS sketch this go around!

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Gorgeous card! I love the sentiment of "HOPE"! Awesome, Christine!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card hunni! I absolutly love the flower!!! and love the layout! xxx

Marcea said...

great take on this weeks sketch, wonderful details - thanks for joining us this week on ics
-x-

Olena said...

Beautiful card! Love it! ~Olena~

Danni said...

What a beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card, the colour of the flower really stands out against the colour of the card. :)

Vanessa.