Have I mentioned that I’m hosting a bridal shower? Oh ya, several times. OK, it’s kind of consuming my thoughts lately.
My sister, Rose, that lives in Utah, fell down in her driveway on Saturday. Her arm was hurting pretty bad so she went to the emergency room. She broke it just below her elbow. When she called to tell me about it, she said her other arm was hurting pretty bad too. I had a very similar break once and had also sprained my other wrist so I didn’t think much about the pain in the other arm.
On Monday evening, I got a telephone call from her husband. Dell doesn’t call very often so I thought it was kind of weird. We chatted for a minute and then he asked me if I wanted to talk to my sister. She told me she had also broken the other arm!!! (I hope you feel better soon sis.) She has braces on both arms and is unable to dial the phone.
What does this have to do with a wedding shower? My sister was splitting responsibilities with me. I’m not complaining, mind you. She was going to do decorations (I just won’t have much in the way of decorating), games and dessert. I’ve got the desert covered.
So here is what I need from all my blogger friends.
Does anyone know of some great bridal shower games? I haven’t been to a bridal shower in years so I’m hoping my friends can give me some ideas. My niece pointed me to a website so I’ll be taking a look at that but there’s is nothing better than first hand experience.
And now, please go give my sis some love here.
Blessings,
Christine
5 comments:
the games we were going to do were
paper bride: where you dress the bride to be in a dress make of napkins, They did this at mom's bridal shower.
A recipie for a good marrage: you get a recipie box and cards and have the guests write advice on the cards and put them in the box.
Guess the kitchen implamenet. I played this at my best friends shower. They put different kitchen items in paper bags, like corn cob holders, spachula ect. Then you have to guess which item was in the bag.
I am so sorry we can't come like we said we would I feel really bad.
There's a game , where you ask fiance a bunch of personal questions about him and bride has to answer them. For everytime she answers one wrong, she has to put another piece of gum in her mouth. It's fun to see how well they know each other.
Newspaper wedding dress game- break into teams and design a wedding dress out of newspapers.
factory card outlet usually has some shower games. otherwise i can't help you here and my heart aches for your poor sister and YOU. all that work. you are a very good sister. i wish you were mine. oh wait. you are - my blogsistah!!!!
hugs,
The best game I ever did at a bridal shower was a list of questions I wrote about the bride and groom, with multiple choice answers. Of course you have to throw in a bunch of funny, fake answers for them to choose from. It can really make them laugh!
It was fun and many people told me they learned so much about the couple! It was a big surprise for the bride, too. Sample questions: where did they meet? what are the bride (or groom's) nicknames for each other? what is their age difference? if they could honeymoon anywhere in the world and money were no object, what would be their ideal honeymoon? how many dresses did the bride have to try on before she found her wedding gown? what is their "song"? how did he propose? where was he/she born? ETC...
I'm so sorry for your sister - how miserable! :(
I emailed you a couple of bridal shower games...I hope you got them! Can't wait to hear how everything is going! It's going to be wonderful, I'm sure!
Post a Comment