I told you I was going to make something just because I wanted to and not for DT cards or challenges and stuff (or weddings). Well, here it is and I did get a few challenges in on it.I got the idea for this card from my friend, Penny Duncan. She gave this black and white image away on her blog and had colored it with water color pencils for her project. I’ve been wanting to use it and do something similar. I used water color paints. Everything is the same color just more saturation. I really think it turned out lovely except I wish I would have made different flowers. I really do love it though. What do you think?
I started with the sketch from Crafts 4 Eternity and they have an extra challenge of vintage. The challenge at Color Throwdown is rose red, blue and pink. There’s not much blue but it’s there.
All the paper is K & Co. and the buttons are vintage buttons that my Mom gave me. They were priced at 25 cents and marked down to 13 cents. That is for a card of five! I don’t buy new buttons much but I think they would be at least a couple of bucks.
That’s it. I hope you like it!
Blessings,
Christine
5 comments:
WOw that card is amazing. Just visiting from Lisa's blog. Your blog is amazing and you sure are talented:)
This card is beautiful and I love your flowers! They are just right for the vintage look!
Hugs,
Georgia
Oh Christine...FABULOUS job girl!!!! I LOVE it....all the red blend SO well together and your image looks amazing!!!!! So so pretty....I think the flowers are very unique and add to the rustic elegance of the card!!! Great job....and I also want to THANK YOU for your sweet comment on my blog!!!! I hope you have a very blessed day!!!
Wow! I love it! Great job! (Also, I've finally posted the wonderful award you gave me! You can see it on my Charms of Days blog! Thanks again and have a wonderful day!)
i love it! love the colors and those flowers are awesome!
hugs,
Post a Comment