As Guest Designer at Modern Sugar Boulevard, I was asked to make two projects with their images. The Hippie Chick box and this card are my projects.
I mentioned when I posted the box, that she was my inner Hippie Chick. Well, this is my inner house wife (he-he) which is quite a stretch because I’m not even a wife! But I do have my kitchen decorated in 50s pink and turquoise. I have a lot of old, vintage items in the kitchen.
Do you remember the commercial where the jingle was “She can bring home the bacon and fry it up in a pan.” I think it might have been for panty hose or for cigarettes. Yes, there was a time when people wore panty hose and their were cigarette commercials on television.
Anyway, when this bacon and egg image came out in the first release for the month, the inspiration for this card hit with a bang.
I used prisma colors and OMS to color both images. The DP is Cosmo Cricket-Girl Friday. I layered three rows of Coats & Clark rick rack for the ribbon and made a lollipop blossom. The sentiment is computer generated with a font from Fonts for Peas! I chalked everything to give it a little shabby look.
Oh, I looked it up and the commercial was for Enjoli perfume!
Blessings,
Christine
2 comments:
this is gorgeous! i would love to see your kitchen! and i remember those days of those great commercials!
hugs,
Very nice. I remember those days, lol and the shows with pregnant women smoking. Times a changing ;)
Post a Comment