Saturday, July 25, 2009

Retirement Cabin

retirement cabinMy Mother needs a retirement card for an old friend that is retiring from a lifelong career as a veterinarian.  When I saw this Squigglefly image I new that it would be great for his card.  Actually, I really want to go to where ever this cabin is.  It’s a beautiful scene!

Of course, I water colored it, added the computer generated sentiment and some dew drops and, it’s a card.  It wasn’t as easy as I make it sound.  It takes quite a lot of time to water color one of these scenes, but I love doing it. 

When I was younger, I took a couple of water color classes and gave some paintings away and kept a couple but once the classes were over, I would try to paint but they just didn’t come out very good.  I’ve decided now that my whole problem is that I just can’t draw!  I think I’m doing a pretty good job with the water coloring part but if I had to draw this scene and then paint it, it would look like a storm passed through with trees leaning every which way and the cabin falling down! 

In the last few months, I have purchased a number of stamps (digital and rubber) that will work very well with water coloring.  I haven’t gotten a chance to use some of them yet.  I’m going to get the DT cards ready for this week and then I can color some of the stamps I haven’t had a chance to use yet.  Once my niece gets married (Aug 8). I’ll have so much more time on my hands.  Actually, I don’t think I have much else to do for the wedding until a few days before.  I need to make some big bows, but that’s it.  I’m sure other things will come up though so I’ll be ready to help out whenever I can.

Well, that’s enough of my rambling.  I’m going to go make my Chirper card.  I have to wait until daytime to make my Bee Crafty Card because I will need to take some photos while I’m making it (hint-hint).

Blessings,

Christine

1 comment:

Stef H said...

i love that image myself and this is beautiful. so calm & serene. wouldn't that be nice????

hugs,