Thursday, July 9, 2009

Rough Day

It’s been kind of a rough day.  I got a lot accomplished today but it wasn’t without cost to the body. 

First of all, I went outside in my bare feet (which I do every morning) to let the dog out.  I was moving the hose around so I could do some watering and stepped on a wasp.  It hurt so bad for about 30 minutes and then it calmed down. 

When my big toe (that’s where I got stung) started feeling a little better, I called my Mother because she was coming over to help out with a few things.  (I know this is backwards; daughters help Mothers but not in my case,  I wish I could.)  She came over and started in the kitchen and I was moving some of the storage things we had moved all around the house when we moved the craft room.  I stubbed my toe.  Now, I have a bit of neuropathy in my feet so stubbing my toe is really, really, really, (did I say really) painful.  The thing that helps is to scream OUCH, OUCH, OUCH, OUCH, OUCH several times at the top of my lungs.  My Mother also has neuropathy so she understood totally when I started screaming.  (She yells ouch, ouch, ouch too.)  After about 10 minutes it settles down quite a bit but still hurts for several days.

So now, both of my big toes hurt like H E double hockey sticks.  (I’m try to keep this rated G.) Mom got the kitchen cleaned, I got the living room cleaned and organized and she vacuumed (vacuuming is really hard for me).  Then we went outside and did some planting and weeding.  Tomorrow I will put the finishing touches on the living room and do a little more in the kitchen, clean the bathroom, spray off the deck and my house will be ready for the bridal shower.  Yay!!!

Then all I have to do is make chicken salad, dessert (I think I’m going to make a trifle) and a drink.  On Saturday I’ll get the yard ready and do a little decorating and everything will be ready for the shower.  Yay!!!

Once again, if anyone can help me come up with some ideas for bridal shower games, let me know! 

Okay, that’s it for today.  I’ll keep you posted on the shower preps.  I know  you want to know (he-he)!!!  It really think it helps me to talk to all of you about it.  Relieves my stress a little.

Talk to you again tomorrow.  I need to make a retirement card for my Mom to give to someone so hopefully I’ll have a card tomorrow. 

Blessings to every one.  Thanks for letting me ramble.  It really does help!

Christine

10 comments:

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Oh, Christine, my toes hurt just hearing about your accidents! And I must admit that when similar things happen to me, I have a very hard time keeping it G-rated! But it does sound like you have things well under control for the shower! It's going to be wonderful!!!

Stef H said...

ow, ow, ow, ow!!! what is going on over there???? first you sister, then you. my goodness! do i need to come over there?????? let's hope it doesn't snow for saturday! ONLY KIDDING.

i'm giving you a soft hug and you can put your head on my shoulder. but knowing you, the shower and all the preps will be awesome!

big hugs,

Kim. said...

Aargh Christine your poor big toes they really are in the trouble arn't they.
I really do feel for you when you say about your mom helping you as I know just how you feel. My poor mum is having to come and stay with me in a couple of weeks to look after me as my husband is being sent away with his job. I so feel it should be me going to look after my parents not the other way around.
Have a lovely shower.
Kim xXx

Sarah Sullivan said...

Oh hon....OUCHHHHHH..so sorry - like the wasp wasn't enough!!! Sounds like you are wicked busy too!!! Hope the rest of the week goes better for you. I love doing showers..but do not remember any games off the top of my head..have you googled shower games??? Will give it some thought.
Feel better hon, Sarah

Nancy said...

Ouch, ouch, ouch is right!! So glad that your mom was there to sympathize!! Hope the toes are feeling better soon!!

Nancy said...

Oh my! I have broken toes so many times I have wrought iron only on the walls! Ouch for you!

Shout out to you today on my blog with a pic of the little teeny stars I'm sending. And, they are on a card, well, for show! You didn't think I had it in me, did you? :-)

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

You poor thing! Its hard to limp with both feet! Hope you are feeling better now.

Lisa said...

Hey Sweet Lady! Oh my goodness! You certainly did have a rough day now didn't you? How is the craft space? All settled in?

I'm sorry I've been sort of AWOL lately. I went out of town for the holiday weekend and it seems the week before and the week after going away, everything is crazy busy. I'm going to my camper again on Wednesday. I hope is doesn't throw my schedule for a loop this time.

I've been wanting to tell you how much I appreciate all your comments on my blog. And I am especially appreciative of the info telling me how to avoid blogger. I haven't slowed down long enough to try it yet. But I will.

Hope your weekend is a wonderful one! :)

Anonymous said...

LOL, Bless your heart!!! Good to hear you accomplished so much.....and the pain you endured doing it...what a trooper!!!! Have a very blessed Saturday!!!

SG said...

Hope your toes feel better.