Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Chirping Watermelon

*** 2nd post for today, please scroll down for FBW ***

shabby watermelonWhat a great challenge this time at Chirper Challenge. It is to use brown, zig zag and brads. I went for the Shabby Chic look this time. I really love being on design teams because it really brings out the creativity. Sometimes I even dream about what my cards are going to look like. This was the case with the last two Chirper Challenges. I knew that I wanted to use a watermelon, this brown fringe and some rick rack. I didn’t actually dream about this card but it came to me as I was trying to go to sleep (I did dream last time’s card).

The watermelon cut is from the Stretch Your Imagination cartridge. All of the DP (and, if you look closely there is a LOT of designs) is from a K&Co stack. I distressed it ALL (and their were a lot of edges) with the edge of a scissor and a craft knife. It was very time consuming. I NEED to get a Ranger edge distresser but I can’t find one in any of the stores. Look closely and you’ll see some off white lace under the pom-pom trim (which was a RAC) and then the rick rack. I made a lollipop flower with a brad holding it together. However, when I got it all put together, I didn’t like the brad so I added a pom-pom from the fringe to it. I hope that it still meets the challenge, but there is a brad under there. Trust me (shifty eyes)!!!

Now, head on over to the Chirper Challenge and check out all of the other DTs projects and play along! It’s fun!!!

Blessings,

Christine

5 comments:

Sarah Sullivan said...

Ohhh I looove it!!! I do love watermelon!! Wonderful!!! Hugs, Sarah

Jackie Solomon said...

Too cute! Love the shabby-ness of it all and the flower. Great job!

Danni said...

Oh my! This is just the best! Wow, so cool!

Ann Kranitz said...

I am so loving those distressed edges. Great touch!!

Anonymous said...

Wondergul card... love the distressing!!! ...HUGS...SK :)