Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Hello Flutterby!

Once again, it’s Wednesday so that means it’s Flutterby Wednesday! Wow, this week past by quickly. I thought I was giving myself plenty of time by doing my artsy room move on Friday in order to be able to get DT cards done by Wednesday. Phew, I almost didn’t make it!!! But it’s done and I feel like I have really accomplished a lot this week!

09-7-1 FBWWhen I saw this cut on the new Lyrical Letters Cricut cartridge, I new I had to use it for FBW. Isn’t it pretty? That cartridge has a lot of sentiments on it. I need to keep it in mind when making cards. Actually, one of these days I’m going to make a list of all the sentiments on the Cricut cartridges that I own. Then I can see at a glance if one will work for a particular card.

Sorry, but the pic didn’t turn out very well. The “hello” is a little washed out. However, I do wish I would have made it a little darker anyway.

The DP is a reversible sheet from K&Co. I used a border MS punch and added a few little pearlies. I learned a lesson with this card. When cutting images with the Cricut that are a little intricate, don’t use white core paper (hint-hint). Thankfully, I had a Sharpie that was close to this color to touch up the white marks that were left on the edges.

If you want to play along, this weeks challenge is open. All you need to do is include a butterfly or fairy on your creation. Go over to each of the DT member’s blogs (links on my sidebar) and to Dani’s blog and see the beautiful examples for inspiration; make your creation and go back to Dani’s blog to put a link to your card in Mr. Linky.

Oops, I almost forgot. I used the sketch from Card Positioning Systems.

Blessings,

Christine

10 comments:

Lelia Pierce said...

Great job, Christine! It is pretty! :O)

Hugs,
Lelia

Cathy said...

This is super pretty!! Great job!!Hugs, Cathy

Danni said...

Very pretty! I really like the butterfly you added.

Michelle said...

Very pretty card - love the hello sentiment. I don't have a circut but maybe I should look into that!

Nicola said...

Your card is beautiful Christine - such pretty paper and punching finished off with your beautiful butterfly and sentiment.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Ann Kranitz said...

Wonderful soft colors and what a sweet butterfly!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

How pretty!! Love the hello sentiment, soft colors, your punced border, and the sweet butterfly!! Gorgeous Flutter By card!

Jodi said...

Very pretty!! I love the pretty butterfly!
Hugs
JOdi =)

Cassie said...

it's so elegant and lovely!

Heather Schlatter said...

This is so pretty Christine!!! I love all the elements you added onto it and the colors so pretty together!!!

Wow girl I just went through all your posts for the last week and I just love all your wonderful creations!!!

I wish I had time to comment on all of them!!!

Know I loved them though!!!

Heather Schlatter