Saturday, July 25, 2009

My Last Sugary Sweetness

Well, not really my last; but my last as guest dt. I’m sure I’ll continue to use their images often. The challenge this week at Modern Sugar Boulevard is to make a shaped card. I made an octagon shaped card using Welcome Home from the Life's Simple Pleasures collection.

img005I made this card a couple of weeks ago so I’m not sure what the DP is now. I colored the image with water color paints and added some flat back pearls to finish it off. Do you see the little birdie at the front of the scene. I colored him like a robin red breast. You can’t tell very well in the picture. I had to scan it because my camera battery was dead and I couldn’t find the charger!

I cut the card out using the George cart with Cricut Design Studio. Using Design Studio you can “weld” images together which works perfect for making shaped cards. I haven’t purchased Design Studio yet. You can download a free trial copy at the Cricut website but you can only cut with the original cartridge that came with your machine. Since I have a baby Cricut, I can only use the George cartridge.

That’s about it for now. I have another card almost finished so I’ll be back in a few minutes with it!

Blessings,

Christine

3 comments:

Stef H said...

that's a fabulous scene and a great card!

hugs,

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful, Christine!!! Your coloring is fabulous!!!

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Oh how sweet! Just my kind of cottage scene!!! Have a beautiful Sunday!