We have a winner of the blog candy – Silvia of Silly Scraps chosen by random.org. Congratualtions Silvia!
Welcome to the Scrapbook News and Review “Oh Say Can You See 4th of July Blog Hop.” It’s going to be such a fun Independence Day with lot’s of patriotic craftiness and yummy goodies along the way. (I’m having a giveaway too so read all the way through!)
If you got hear from Charlotte's blog, you’re on the right track. If you didn’t come from Charlotte’s blog, then click here, where you can start hopping. There are about 95 participants so you don’t want to miss a thing!
So, I also have some patriotic craftiness to share with you!
I made this card with the USA Doodles digi stamp from Modern Sugar Boulevard. To celebrate the 4th, they are having 40% off all of their digi stamps all weekend long. You can go to their store here. Now I get to announce that Modern Sugar Boulevard has generously asked me to be the Guest Designer for the month of July. I’m so honored since every DT member is beautifully talented and I love their images. I already have several of their digi stamps and truly enjoy using them on my cards. I have some great cards in mind using their images for this month so keep checking back!
I went to all of my regular scrap hangouts to find some patriotic paper and found none in the nice bright colors. I searched and searched and found some free digi paper at Serenity Sheri's blog. I added a few buttons tied up with some crochet thread and some fun red rick rack and that was it!!!
So now you need to head on over to Rayette Hesla’s blog to continue on the hop!!!
Blessings,
Christine
Oops – I almost forgot my giveaway (see, I told you that you had to read to the end).
Just tell me your best Independence Day memory (yes, I’ll be reading all of them) and you will be entered in a chance to win the Card Creations Vol. 7 magazine plus a little crafty fun thrown in!!! If you are not from the US, just tell me your favorite summertime memory!
Entries will be closed at about noon MST on Monday and I will announce the winner shortly thereafter. You MUST leave a way for me to contact you or I will draw another winner. Now, I’m off to hop around to all of the other participants blogs so maybe I can win some yummy candy. Even if I don’t, I know I’ll see a lot of beautiful eye candy!!!
72 comments:
big WOOOOO HOOOO on the GD position. way to go.
love the card. the paper is super and i just love the buttons!
the only memories of the 4th for me is we used to look forward to the sparklers. my mom would allow us to stay up til dark, and she'd give each of us our own box of sparklers!
have a fabby 4th.
hugs,
Your card is so much fun, is that you with all the curls.
As I live in Canada we also get together with family and friends, just on July 1st. We usually get together at our home and do a little fireworks display for everyone...it's tons of fun!!
Enjoy the 4th today!!
Hugs, Nerina :)
Your card is so much fun! I love the buttons!
Best 4th of July- mmm 25 years ago today I was watching the fireworks out the window of the hospital with a broken leg- it was the closest I have even seen fireworks!
Super cute card!! Congrats on being the GD for MSB...I love being apart of this awesome team!!! Thanks for sharing and have a great 4th!!
Tenia:)
Super card!! My favorite 4th of July memoriees were going to watch the fireworks with my grandfather. He passed away when I was 9 and I still remember those special times that we shared.
Oh My Gosh!!! Christine, your card is fantastic!! Wow, I feel so honored that my papers were used in a hybrid project :::giggles with joy::: Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful creation with me!!!
Hugs,
SerenitySheri
super cute! my most vivid memory (not a favorite) is riding my bike to the fireworks without my parents permission...they were worried sick and I had no clue!
My favorite memory is standing on our drive and watching the fireworks at the local drive-in theater, if I didn't fall asleep first. They didn't happen until after the first movie and that was pretty late for me when I was a kid. Have a happy 4th!
Great card! I love the buttons and ric-rak!
I'm in Canada but I love to watch the fireworks on the 1st here it's quite funny to watch some of those silly people try and light roman candles and hold on to them lol
My best memory was marching in the 4th of July parade in my hometown! Always made me feel special!
Wonderful Card! ...HAPPY 4th...HUGS...SK :)
Last year I was so blessed to have both my boys and their families home for July 4th. We went to a huge fireworks at 9:00 that night, and I really enjoyed seeing my grandchildren dressed in their "red, white, and blue" watching this great event.
Great card, Sheri's scraps look fantastic on it.
Hugs Monti
One year we were at the lake and we sat out on the dock and just watched fireworks that neighbors lite. I was probably 10 or 11, a long time ago.
such a cute card!! Thanks!
Cute card! love her curly hair! My favorite memory was going to buy fireworks with my dad and then lighting them off and dancing with my mom with sparklers in the street!Happpy 4th!
dennicookie@embarqmail.com
Mine is a silly memory but when I was little we went to friends place at a cottage and they had a 4th of July parade and there was a clown that true a rubber fish at me and I tried to catch it. After the parade, we would go swimming and then ride the Merry-go-Round and then watch the fireworks from the hill. I just loved the 4th.
Cute card.
My favorite memory is when I was little we would always go to Grandma's and boil peanuts and make homemade ice cream
Love your card.. thanks for sharing your creativity and participating in the blog hop.
My favorite memories of July 4th is a huge family outing to a nearby lake for a day full of great food, fishing, baseball games, fireworks and usually a very bad sunburn!
peggymarsh5@yahoo.com
The very best is being with my husband watching the fireworks! Thanks for the opportunity to win!
Happy 4th! Lisa jlnichols@columbus.rr.com
What a sweet card. I love how you pulled in the digi papers for your design. I have fond memories of riding my tricycle with sparklers. Fun stuff.
Awesome card. Thanks for sharing.
My best 4th of July memory was watching fireworks from the roof of a friend's home. Climbing up the ladder was easy; getting down was not. My 20 yo daughter was shocked I got up there because I have a severe fear of heights.
A favorite memory of mine is attending the St. Paul rodeo in Oregon with my family. They have great fireworks at the end of the rodeo!
larkspur4000@gmail.com
My best Independence Day memory was 22 years ago when my son was born. I had been on bed rest for 3 months and was happy that he arrived safely!
slrdowney at hotmail dot com
What a sweet card - happy 4th to you!!
Family cookouts with homemade ice cream!
My best memory is at age 7 my grandpa was visiting & organized all the neighborhood kids for a parade. We decorated our bikes & wagons, made hats & paraded up & down the alley with flags singing. It's a great memory
Thanks for the giveaway
Have a great holiday & thanks for sharing your card
Great card,I love it.....
My favorite memory would have to be taking my kids to the fireworks when they were small, their little faces just lit up when they saw the fireworks, of course they were not too little as when they were small they did not like the booms, our memories are so precious, Thank you for bringing this to my remembrance.
My second remembrance is when I was young, having the picnics (now we call them bbq's) and being with family and its all about the fireworks and our great freedom.
GOD BLESS AMERICA....
Have a happy 4th of July.....
You can find me at:
www.karensneedle@sbcglobal.net
http://treasureddreams.blogspot.com
Have a wonderful 4th of July
Watching fireworks with my whole family and lighting sprinklers
Love your card! So many fun elements to it!!
Love the card! I'm going to check into those digi stamps - I've never used them before. I own the magazine already - but thanks for the inpsiration!
Awesome card!!! Happy 4th to you!
forgot my favorite memory...I loved when we were kids going to see the fireworks at the fairgrounds...eating carnival pizza...sitting on the hood of the car....(not the mosquitos though!)
we didn't live far from the park where the fireworks could be seen. we would walk the few blocks with our parents and sit together to watch the show.
One of my most memorable 4ths was when I was 8 months pregnant with my first child. Hubby and I had spent the day with his family and about 1/2 way into the hour drive home, we had a blowout!
jtaylorsmom at yahoo dot com
Hi Christine
Your card is very nice. Happy belated 4th of july.
My favorite summer memory is when my parents rented a cottage by the sea.
Christine ~ Love the card you made with Doodler USA and I congrats on being a guest designer with us over at MSB ~ I can't wait to see what you come up with this month.
My favorite 4th of July memory is bascially just spending the day with my family, grilling out at the park and watching fireworks. However one 4th I will never forget was 5 years ago ~ the year my son was born. He was born on the 2nd, and so that year, we watched what fireworks we could see out of my hospital window.
congrats on being the Guest Designer for MSB! I look forward to working with you.
Love your card.
My fave 4th of July memory would be going to see the fireworks with DH for the 1st time. We got out our American flag blanket and picnic basket and watched both of our cities fireworks displays from the side of the mall.
Happy 4th!
{{sugar hugs}}
Mary
Lovely card for the Blog Hop! my fav memories is when all my family went out to the woods for a picnic
Winnie@Norwayscrapper
Of course the fireworks - can you beat fireworks on the 4th of July!
Forgot my email address: dclouser@gmail.com
Congratulations on your GD position with Modern Sugar B! Good for you!
Love your card!
her hair is like fireworks!
a favorite growing up 4th of J memory is our annual picnic we held at our home. Lots of cousins, aunts, and uncles, fun, and fireworks.
thanks for sharing.
best childhood memory from the UK was sharing the knee of my dear departed Mum
Happy 4th July from the UK and thanks for sharing
My favorite memory is family picnics with my Grandma Gigi. She's now passed on, but I remember the sparklers she'd give out to us then we'd finish up the day by going to our local state park for great fireworks and I remember Gigi's singing.
My favourite Summer memory (I'm in Australia) is waiting for the milkman to drive around the caravan park we holidayed at so we could buy banana custard!
natashamurray12(at)gmail(dot)com
Very cute card!
Fav memory is 2005 when we celebrated with my nephew. He had just returned home from Afghanistan after loosing his leg in an ambush.
What an adorable card!!
Cute card! My favorite 4th memory would be last night, watching the face of my DS as he watched the fireworks. Thanks for the opportunity to win!
Melissa
melissa.banian@gmail.com
Super cool card…love the stamp used...I became a follower, but I'll go ahead and give you my e-mail...
mcavoy_carolyn@yahoo.com Carolyn
Oh I LOVE this image and you did such an AWESOME job with it! SOOO festive! :)
My favorite 4th of July would have to be last year's! All my children were home, plus my 4 yr old grandson, so I got to be a part of his first experience with sparklers! It was a fabulous day with lots of food, fireworks, and wonderful memories!
Freida
freida38801@yahoo.com
Great job on your card. Loved spending summer with my grandparents at their lake house. Sparklers for the 4th.
What a great card & sweet image! My favorite 4th of July memory is always having a family picnic & getting to play with sparklers when the sun went down. I remember doing it every year as a kid! Thanks for the chance to win some goodies! Happy 4th of July!
Love the paper you chose for the card. Nice image.
My favorite 4th of July is the time we went to the Fairgrounds to see the fireworks. It was the first time I saw Roman Candles.
Watching fireworks from the Dairy Queen parking lot and eating a banana split!
woodujim@hotmail.com
a beautiful card
I love the card. She is surely a beauty! My favorite4 memory is of swimming and floating and watching the firworks above the pool. What could be better then that. Thanks for the fun.
Wendy
wendybyrd@roadrunner.com
SUPER CUTE card!!! My most memorable July 4th was in about 1986. We lived in a suburb of Washington DC and the whole family went to the Iwo Jima memorial to watch the fireworks. My grandmother was with us and my DD was about 6. It was REALLY cold and I remember having SNOW FLURRIES right before the fireworks went off! I don't think it's ever done that before or since up there! (Now I live in Florida. No snow here! Hehe!) gassgirl340@yahoo.com.
This is such a stinkin' adorable card!!! Love that image, she's so cute! And congrats on being the MSB guest designer!! Wowy!!
I have some great 4th of July memories, but I think this year takes the cake. We got involved with Soldiers' Angels a couple years ago, and we adopted one soldier who made it home, praise God. We've adopted another soldier who is active duty in Iraq, and we send him a couple letters a week and 1 to 2 care packages a month. Our northern Colorado regional director got us a spot in our small hometown parade, so the family and I bought some candy and walked in the parade. My two young kids (7 and 6) absolutely loved taking candy up to the children on the parade route, and it was just so special for us to do it as a family AND in the name of Soldiers' Angels!! =)
Sousa music in the park, fireworks overhead sprinklers in kiddies hands!
Great digi stamp! What an adorable card. Thanks so much for visiting my blog.
Neat blog candy -- I love card creations and would love to win!
mspfd01@verizonnet
super-iffic job on your card and your blog...buttons are such fun
to embellish with WTG!!!
fav memory---going to the lake and watching the fireworks reflect
off of the waters..
( mitz_zee@yahoo.com) ty ty ty
Cute project, and darling digi image!! I'm offering blog candy on my blog, as well, and would love for you to hop on over and enter to win it!
My favorite memory is watching the fireworks with my mom. She always oohed and aahed louder than anyone else and told stories of fireworks when she was a kid. We have now started taking my daughters and they ooh and aah loud just like Grandma! Thank you for your beautiful projects and sharing them and thank you for the blog candy! My email is
perezmom2914@yahoo.com
Love the card. My favorite memory is going to the park with my family to watch the fireworks.
What a fabulous fun card! My favorite memories of the 4th are sparklers in the backyard!
jesmoyer@gmail.com
Love the card! The only memory I have is one year my dad and uncle bought a TON of fireworks and we had a party and set them off on the tennis court. It was a great party!
msk3@netzero.com
My best independance day memory is when we went over to our friends and had a potluck and set off fireworks and just relaxed with them! It was really fun! I love the 4th! Have a great day-
kweight@byu.net
Great card!! My best memory is of my father standing on the porch settin goff Roman Candles.
Hugs, Christine
Christinenicole@att.net
Wow Christine..what an amazing thing - those threads for you!! Thank you so much for sharing that on the QB..I was in tears just reading!! So happy all the threads came together for you and we were able to meet you!!! Huge hugs and Love, Sarah
Post a Comment