Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sugar Gate

I’m having a mini giveaway, check it out here.

I scheduled this post for yesterday but just realized it hadn’t worked. Sorry!

This weeks challenge at Modern Sugar Boulevard is a sketch challenge with a twist.july 15th sketch

The twist is to only use purple (any shade) with black and white. I colored the In the Flower Garden image in black and white and then colored the flowers in shades of lavender.

lavendar flowersI love the Life’s Simple Pleasures line of of stamps from MSB.

I used the Core’dinations Black Magic cardstock. I love using this stuff!!! I embossed it with my Cuttlebug and then sanded it to bring the lavendar out. I triple matted the image with lavendar, black and then lavendar again. I added some lavendar Dew Drops (you can’t see them very well) and some ribbon and wa-la, it’s a card!!!

It, has been HOT, HOT, HOT here. It was 103 degrees today. Ugh. I really don’t mind sitting in the house and crafting the day away, but poor Chloe. She doesn’t get much play time.

Stay tuned this week because I’ve got lots in store!!! I’ll be crafting all weekend in preparation.

I’m out’a here to take Chloe out to throw her ball around! That’s her favorite thing to do!

Blessings,

Christine

6 comments:

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Christine, I just love this! Love the black magic cardstock you used as background; it really enhances the card!

(I've also had trouble with the scheduling feature. I don't know what the trick is, but I haven't figured it out!)

Stef H said...

beautiful card!

oh, you can come here to illinois - it's nice & cool. my door is open!

hugs,

Sarah Sullivan said...

Oh beautiful hon!!! Loove this little giveaway!!!
About 93 up here today - not to bad. Jim is down there by you..in a tent - ackkkk!! Hang in there!!!
Hugs, Sarah

Kim. said...

When I first read the colours I thought yuck but the rest is outstanding, I love it.
Kim xXx

Jodi said...

Very cute card for the sketch!! I love the colors you used too, it matches nicely on your blog!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Sammi said...

Gorgeous card Christine!!
you can send a bit of the heat here... It's COLD!
Sammi
xxx