“Hello Santa. Please, will you bring me a baby doll, a tricycle and some candy. You’ll know me; it’s the green house on the corner. I’ll leave milk and cookies out for you. Thank you, Santa!” Can’t you just hear the phone call from this little girl with glistening eyes in hopes that Santa will stop during his global trip on Christmas Eve?
The image is from Altered Expression. I don’t think she has it in the store yet. I asked Carol if she had a Christmas image and so she finished and sent this one to me.
I colored the beautiful image with watercolor paints. The DP and red CS are from Hobby Lobby and the sentiment and wish list are both clear stamps from Fiskars. The buttons are from my stash of vintage white buttons and I sewed them with wine colored thread. The gray card base and CS for the sentiment is from The Paper Company and the sentiment is stamped with a red ink pad I had laying around that doesn’t have a name on it.
I am submitting this card to the Moxie Fab World Vintage and Shabby Chic Christmas Challenge.
I’m working out the details for my birthday blog candy and hope to post it tomorrow. So, come on back, ya here!!!
That’s it for today! I’m going to try to get one more card into the Moxie Fab Challenges.
Blessings,
Christine
7 comments:
Congrats to you. Watch my blog in the next few days. I will be giving my rendition of that first week and all of the wonderful events.
Fantastic card,
love the image,
Happy Birthday
Hugs
Angie
oh this is gorgeous! i love all the details!
hugs,
Oh oh oh Happy Birthday hon!!! Whoo hoo!!!!
The card is darling..I love the buttons. I am seriously close to starting Christmas myself. This is beautiful!!!! Hugs, Sarah
This is fabulous Chris! Love the scene (complete with calendar) how cute is that! And I love the vintage shabby look you gave it with the buttons and pine greenery...Very striking! Have a super birthday and buy all wonderful things that you don't need but always wanted!!!!
hugs,
Georgia
Thanks for posting this to the challenge!
This is beautiful, Christine--such a sweet vintage feel!
Post a Comment