Saturday, September 5, 2009

Kewpie Pink Saturday

Happy Pink Saturday!

100_3914I bought this little pink Kewpie doll while on vacation in the Iowa Amish country.  There are a series of small touristy towns near where the Amish live.  They are mostly gift shops, restaurants and bakeries.  Some of the wares sold at the stores are handmade by the Amish, but, of course, this wasn’t.  But I loved her so much.  Look how she holds her arms up there so that you will pick her up.  She’s so precious!!!

I looked on the Internet to see how old something needs to be before it is considered ‘vintage.’  I found 50 years, 20 years, 25 years.  I think I’m going with the 50 years.  I don’t like the idea of something that I bought when I was in my 30s (while this is) to be considered vintage!

Beverly at How Sweet the Sound hosts Pink Saturday every week. This is a very fun event. Each of us post some pink on our blog on Saturday and try to visit as many of the other blogs as possible. Big thanks to Beverly for coordinating all the pinkaliciousness!

Happy Pink Saturday,

Christine

7 comments:

MaidenShade Too said...

Hello and happy Pink Saturday.

You know, it's been such a pleasure to come visit your blog and to see what you're up to. I love the kewpie doll, what a sweet find. Your furbabies are sweet too; )

Have a fabulous weekend -

Come visit at http://MaidenShade.net
xJ

Mary Bergfeld said...

I haven't seen a Kewpie doll in years. Years ago they were prizes in carnivals and, of course, all little girls wanted them. I hope you are in the pink and enjoying a great weekend.

Claudia said...

I love the kewpie doll - adorable! Of course you had to have her. Happy Pink Saturday!

Just Me said...

What a cute pink kewpie doll! Thank you for sharing. Have a wonderful pink Saturday. Please stop by and visit me.
Hugs and glitter, Patti

Julie said...

I love your new sweet baby...I am having a-give-away to celebrate my 1 month Blogoversary.... so come on over and check it out... We will picking a winner Late Monday night , and posting the results then...Have a wonderful Pink week and I hope to see back here next week...
xoxo
Julie

Stef H said...

oh i remember kewpie dolls. funny... when i was little they kinda scared me a bit! must be the smirk. now? they are too cute!

hugs,

Anonymous said...

LOL I like the name kewpie. Sounds too cute. And the doll is! :-)

Happy Pink Weekend!

Li