What a wonderful weekend!!! My mom, my sister, Alice and I went to Idaho Falls in Eastern Idaho to visit my brother, Russ. We don’t get to see him very often so it was a real treat.
Russ has two grand-children who also live in Idaho Falls, Chase and Emma. They are so much fun. They were headed to a friends house to go swimming Saturday afternoon but stopped long enough to give us a hug and take a picture.
It’s not that we are all very short; Russ is very tall. Five foot six!!! Also, he isn’t carrying a man purse. He had back surgery almost a year ago and has been fighting a staff infection ever since. They figure it is a reaction to the titanium they put in his back. After several surgeries, they have now removed all the titanium and it looks like the infection is over. We’re keeping our fingers crossed. The bag he carries is a vacuum pump to seal the incision and keep it clean and dry.
We visited for a while, went out to lunch and then played on the WII for awhile. We bowled and played golf. I have always said that I’m not getting a WII but, ya know, Christmas is right around the corner. Maybe Santa will get one for me!
I really hate this photo of me; I look fat and unhappy. I really was happy to see my brother. He is one of the funniest people I know. I think I was just sad to have to leave.
We then went to visit my aunt and uncle in southern Idaho. They are still living on and running the family farm. My uncle Dee had fallen and hurt his back so we decided to stop by for a visit. Ruth made a delicious spaghetti dinner and the scrumptious brownies we had for desert were still warm.
It was a very short weekend. We left home at 6:00 pm Friday and arrived at our hotel in Idaho Falls at 10:00 pm. Got up the next morning and had breakfast and stopped at a thrift store. Since the only Robert’s Craft store outside of Utah is in Idaho Falls, I had to stop. I got some new Nesties and the new Kitchen cartridge for my Cricut.
We went to Russ’ and spent about 5 hours with him. Then on to Uncle Dee’s and home about 11:00 pm. A very quick trip (more driving than visiting) but we all had such a good time. I’m going to make it a point to head over to Eastern Idaho more often. Alice and I might go in October and take enough time to also see Yellowstone park. That would be a lot of fun!
Thanks for stopping by to visit. I’ll be making a couple of scrapbook pages tomorrow. I know, it’s been a LONG time since I scrapbooked!!!
See ya’ later, alligator!!!
Blessings,
Christine
4 comments:
Looks like you had a lovely time Christine. How nice for you all to get together.
Kim xXX
It's so wonderful to connect with family who one doesn't get to see everyday! So glad your visit was awesome! Love the pics!!!
What a lovely family you have Christine, you are truly blessed. You look fantastic and very happy and I am thinking you meant to say Russ is 6ft 5" and not 5ft 6". Enjoy your new toys from craft store.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-
Heh, Christine. Russ is not 5 foot 6 inches. How about 6 foot 4 inches????
Love, your sister....
Post a Comment