The challenge today at Bee Crafty is to make a bookmark. I used the fluffy bunny read image for my bookmark. All materials used were from my scraps stash and I cut the corner embellishments with my Cuttlebug using a Sizzix die. I made a tutorial for my corner bookmark.
You will need some solid cardstock, your image and whatever you want to decorate the bookmark with.
First, cut a piece of cardstock 5” square and mark with a pencil at 2-1/2” on each side.
Score between two of the marks on adjacent sides.
Cut off the other two corners and …
fold at the scored lines.
Cut another piece of cardstock in a triangle with 3=1/2” sides, fold in the corners and adhere the triangle to close the flaps.
Here’s a photo of both sides of an unadorned corner bookmark.
Now it’s time to decorate as you would like! My personal preference is to only use flat embellishments on bookmarks. I read library books a lot and they are very quick to charge for damage to books.
But don’t make the mistake I usually do! I’m always forgetting to add the tail before I adhere the DP. Not this time though.
And …. drum roll please …. both sides of the completed bookmark.
I added a length of ribbon tied to a vintage button.
Here is another bookmark that I made for a Bee Crafty challenge.
I hope you enjoyed the tutorial. I think Bee has a freebie on the Bee Crafty blog so you can have an image to use on your bookmark and enter the challenge!
Blessings,
Christine
4 comments:
Arrgh such a gorgeous little bunny bookmark. Love the colours and these have got to be the best way to use up those scraps.
Kim xXx
Oh this is adorable!! Way too cute!
Darling bookmark Christine!! I am so excited to join the DT and be able to work with you!!
Hugs~
Sheri
This is a fantastic idea
Post a Comment