Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Snowy Cupcakes

snowy cupcakes I realize that I’m on a cupcake kick today but there is a reason.  I really wanted to do the challenge last week at Stamps and Smiles but didn’t have time.  As I was adding my link for this weeks challenge, I saw that I could still play along with last weeks challenge.  Since I had this idea in my mind since first seeing the sketch, I knew the card I’d make.  They are also looking for a guest DT so that’s two chances for them to see my cards!

The photo does not do this card justice.  The stamps and sketch are Stamps and Smiles and I water colored them.  I “sugared” the marshmallow fluff tree and the cupcake house icing.  I cut out the snowflakes using the Cricut Joys of the Season cartridge and “sugared” them as well.  I added a big rhinestone to the top of the house and smaller ones along the top and bottom.  I stamped the sentiment with versa mark and embossed it.

I have to make some DT cards that are due while I’m gone. One’s almost done.  I hope to get at least one more project done before I leave for Utah.  I’ll be offline for most of the week!  I just don’t know what I’ll do!!!

Blessings,

Christine

2 comments:

Jennifer Meyer said...

Super cute card Christine, your snowy scene is adorable and I LOVE your coloring! Great job with the sketch!

Thanks for playing along with us over at Stamps and Smiles! Hugs, Jennifer :)

Jacilynn said...

super cute! I love cupcakes and snow. great combo!
x