Monday, September 14, 2009

Hemmingway’s Chirper

We are back after a short break with the Chirper challenge.

100_4050 The photo didn’t turn out very well but you get the idea. Last fall I took a drive through the mountains to Sun Valley. Just out of Sun Valley is a monument to Ernest Hemmingway. The spot is beautiful and I love just sitting there deep in thought and listening to the stream. While I was there, a nice couple came buy and I offered to take their picture next to the monument and then they took mine. I don’t very often get into my own pictures!!!

The monument reads:

Best of all he loved the fall
The leaves yellow on the cottonwoods
Leaves floating on the trout streams
And above the hills the high blue windless sky
….Now he will be a part of them forever.
Ernest Hemmingway - Idaho - 1939

I used miscellaneous cardstock from my stash. The tree and leaves are cut from the Stretch Your Imagination cartridge. I tore and inked the paper for the ground. Inked the tree to make it look it a little wood grained and chalked the leaves. The title is cut from the Lyrical Letters cartridge and I doodled on them for an effect.

Please go check out my fellow DT’s beautiful creations on the Chirper Challenge blog.

Thanks for stopping by to see me.

Blessings,

Christine

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim. said...

Lovely layout Christine. I love the way you have done the tree with it's fallen leaves.
Kim xXx

Tammy said...

Awesome job Christine!

Hugs,

Tammy

Nicola said...

Fabulous page to record your trip to Sun Valley. Love the effect of the falling leaves Christine and I just love your whole layout.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Shazza said...

Hi christine!

I love your hemmingway layout!


Found you blog whilst bloghopping, ....as you do!!

I am the owner of:
ARTastic challenge blog = http://artasticchallengeblog.blogspot.com/
we have four great prizes up for grabs for September

You can could also visit From Screen to Scrap = http://screen2scrap.blogspot.com/
we would love to see you participate and share some Scrappin’ Love

Leave a comment, become a follower or try your hand at a challenge

Cheers
Shazza

Would love to see you pop in