After being away for eight days, it’s wonderful to be home! This is going to be a quick post to let you know a few things about my trip and to tell you that you have only 12 more hours for a chance at winning my birthday candy. If you haven’t entered yet, click here and leave a comment!
All in all, I had a great trip! I spent Monday at the University of Utah hospital for my annual post heart transplant round of tests. I was to go to the hospital again on Tuesday for the remainder of the testing but woke up with a real icky stomach virus! Since I am on immunosuppressant medications, virus hit VERY hard. I spent the day between bed and the bathroom. We have rescheduled the remainder of the testing and I will be going back to Utah in a couple of weeks.
I woke up on Wednesday feeling quite a lot better. My sister and my friend had made plans to take me to Wendover for my birthday. Wendover is a town just over the Utah/Nevada border. We gambled a little and ate a lot. It was a wonderful surprise and a great birthday! Thanks Alice and Sharon!!!
I got quite a bit of thrift store shopping in during this trip. Well, not really that much shopping but it was my week to find things that really needed to come home with me. I found some amazing thrifty finds that I will share with you on Monday. I’m sooooo excited about one of them that I want to tell you right now but I’m waiting to take a picture!
That’s it for tonight. I’ll be back tomorrow to announce the winner!!!
Blessings,
Christine
13 comments:
WELCOME HOME CHRISTINE!!!
I'm glad that you had great birthday,but sorry to hear you have been sick.
Your candy is soooo great and I pray that it would be me to win!!!
Fingers crossed!!!
Hugs!
Sandra!
Welcome home Christine, glad you had a lovely birthday and what a welcome home you won the candy over on Saturday Spotlight With Hidden Potential, I thought I would let you know as I wasn't sure if you would get around to seeing it just yet and didn't want you to miss out.
Kim xXx
So glad you had a great time (all except for that lousy stomach flu...yuch) Can't wait to see your finds! I too am a thrift store shopper and love finding treasures!
hugs,
Georgia
oh i am so glad you are home. i have missed you. and i hope your birthday was awesome!
sure hope you're feeling much better.
hugs,
Welcome home!! Hope your birthday was wonderful!!
I was going to tell you about winning the blog candy you won, but I see someone beat me to it!
Welcome Home Christine,
So pleased you enjoyed your trip. I hope all goes well when you complete your annual post heart plant tests, pity about that horrid virus.
Great to have you back sweetie and what a wonderful win you have come home to.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-
Happy to hear you are back and feeling better! Congrats on your blog candy win!!
Terry
Hi Christine!! Happy to hear you are home and feeling better!!
Glad you're back Christine. So sorry you came down with that awful virus! Argh! But happy you had a lovely birthday! Looking forward to seeing all your thrifty finds! Missed you!
Sounds like a great trip. I hate why you have to go back, but going back sounds like it will have opportunities, too.
Oh, what a bummer about getting sick. It sounds though like you won't mind going back! 'Can't wait to see your thrifty finds!
I am so glad you are back safe and sound!! I am so sorry you got sick though!! Sounds like you had fun after that though.
Hello Lovely Lady,
Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like your trip was fun (with the exception of the virus). It's wonderful that you came home and found that you won some candy. You are so generous with your giving, I'm glad you "received" some candy. Please let us know how the rest of your follow-up appointment goes.
Post a Comment