There’s a word for having the day, month and year all the same number, but I don’t know it. I was working in the computer software industry during the supposed Y2K crisis. Of course we ran the tests for the change from 12/31/99 to 01/01/00. We also tested some other odd dates to make sure they still worked correctly and one of those was 09/09/09. A repeating, single-digit date that will not happen again until 01/01/2101. I don’t think I’ll be around to see that one!!!
Just a quiet observation. Now onto Flutter By Wednesday!!!
The challenge this week is to make a card using pink with a butterfly or fairy on it. I’ve got both! The image is a Pollycraft digi stamp and I water colored her. You can’t see it very well in the picture but she is trying to catch a robin red breast. I painted a little shimmers on her fairy wings. I cut out some butterflys with my Martha Stewart punch out of the same K&Co. papers I used on the card. I added a lot of pearls and tied a ribbon around the whole thing and wa-la, I’ve got a card!!!
I used the sketch from the One Stop Craft challenge and 2 Red Bananas is stripes and dots. This DP is pretty much made of dotted stripes!!! The Pollycraft challenge is animals (I hope they count birds and butterflies as animals), Creative Card Crew is to use fairies,
Don’t forget that Danni is celebrating her birthday this month and will have candy with every challenge for the month. I don’t know what she has up this week but it’s bound to be something good!!!
If you would like to play along with the Flutter By Wednesday challenge, you can go check out all of the other lovely DT blogs by clicking on their links on the right sidebar and then going to Danni’s Dreams to link up your card.
Blessings,
Christine
16 comments:
Such a cute little fairy Christine, she looks determined to catch that wee robin. Your papers are gorgeous and your butterflies, ribbon, punching and pearls are such beautiful accents.
Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-
beautiful card... I love your coloring...
What a cute fairy Christine!! She is colored so beautifully!! Gorgeous butterflies, papers, and design!!
What fun, love all those butterflies. The stripes and dots are perfect. Thanks for joining the bananas.
it's darling! i love that fairy!!
Christine - what a cute card! The image is perfect for FBW - a fairy AND a butterfly!! Love your dp too!!
Hi Christine! Wow have a missed a ton of your posts! I've spent the last several minutes playing catch up. You have been a busy little crafter! :) Love all the eye candy! And Happy, Happy Birthday to you!!!! I hope you have a wonderful time in Utah!!! xoxo L
Christine your card is so sweet - I love that fairy and the butterflies with pearls! Great job with all those challenges!!
Christine,
How cute is this?? I have never seen this image before and I love all the little deailed parts of your card the scalloped edge and the embellishments all come together to make this a little bit of Pink Heaven!!!
Heather
So adorable! Wonderful, wonderful job!! and meant to tell you, so cool on your birthday blog candy! :-)
So sweet and pretty, Christine!! I don't think I will be around for 1/01/2101 either...but you never know!! Awesome job!!
Beautiful card and such a sweet fairy, I love your take on Nikki's sketch. Thanks for joining the one stop craft challenge this week. Donna x
This is so lovely!!! The pink, pearl bodied butterflies are beautiful!! Such a sweet image too!! :)
What a pretty card. I love all things pink and butterflies!!
Adorable card! I love the image, and those little butterflies are so cute. Thanks for playing in 2RB's challenge.
This is adorable. The butterflies for Dani's bd celebration are the perfect embelly. Thanks so much for joining us in the 2RB challenge.
Post a Comment